Nitron rear shock?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by sps170373, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Scott

Scott Active Member

Could u do a group buy on them

2. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

If you are still doing it, could I have one of these too please?

I'm not tracking my bike just yet, but I will, do they make an appreciable difference to road riding?

3. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

I've just purchased a 2012 rear shock for my RR9 but I'd appreciate 2 x quotes please for the shock and 1 including the price for the remote preload adjuster on top.

Cheers
    Lyn

4. danthorrr4

danthorrr4 Active Member

Could I get a price for a rear shock for an RR4? Not overly sure what would be the best option, mainly road but around 3-6 track days a year. Thanks

5. Sideshow Pob

Sideshow Pob Active Member

Hi All,

Here's the best group deal I can do.
    For all bikes from 04 onwards there are 2 versions available.
    Non-ABS bikes only - they do not fit on the ABS model (sorry!)

NTR R1
    The most popular of the Nitron shocks; perfect partner for road and street riding...
    These gas mono shocks are easy to set up and offer superior handling minus the price tag associated with a full race spec unit. However, the Sport shocks are developed from the full race product, meaning that you can depend on them for year-round road and track use.
    The high-grade materials protect against corrosion whilst significantly reducing weight. Every Sport shock is custom built, sprung and fully serviceable.
    Simple yet effective, the NTR R1 shock has one damping adjustment. The adjustor knob affects both compression and rebound simultaneously for simple setup and making it a more road-biased shock. The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload c-spanner.
    Titanium and hard-anodised parts are hand built to last not only the lengthiest endurance races but also the harshest of winters.

R3 Race Pro
    The most powerful race shock in the world...
    Through the use of a class-leading 46mm piston design and ultra-strong 16mm piston rod, Race Pro shocks demonstrate exceptional levels of damping control and refinement. The fade-resisting properties of the large piston, combined with high-grade materials and Nitron’s innovative valving system make the Race Pro both a TT and SuperBike winner.
    Featuring unique large (46mm) piston technology to create the fastest reacting, most refined shock available.
    Titanium and hard-anodised parts are hand built to last not only the lengthiest endurance races but also the harshest of winters.
    NTR Hose shocks are fitted with Nitron’s exclusively developed Bi-Axis fittings that allow for simple and precise installation.
    Race Pro shocks are available with incorporated data-logging potentiometer mounts.

Both versions are availale with or without a Hydraulic Preload Adjuster (HPA). For the CBR1000RR this is recommended as the preload on the shock is tricky to get to due to the shape of the swingarm.

RRP
    R1
    £393.60 plain
    £583.20 with HPA

R3 Race Pro
    £835.20 plain
    £1045.20 with HPA

1000rr.co.uk deal (10% off)

R1
    £354.24 plain
    £524.88 with HPA

R3 Race Pro
    £751.68 plain
    £940.68 with HPA

P&P will be free of charge or you can come to our workshop near Cadwell Park and we will fit it for free.
    If we have enough of you wanting to buy (5 or more units) then I can look at doing an additional 2.5% discount.
    PM me or call the workshop on 01790 752269 or 07977 24 25 26

Thanks
    Paul.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. foenix

foenix Active Member

Nitron is like the EMC suspension we have in France.

So good suspension made in France and equal or better than Ohlins on few bike.
    Price is very good too.
    You can find them on emc suspension. Com.
    4 different model, the sportshock 4 is the better you can buy.

7. Nytol

Nytol Active Member

Sounds good to me!

I'll be in touch over the next week.

8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

@Sideshow Pob I've just purchased a 2012 TTX style shock for my 09, would there be a noticeable difference from the 12 shock

9. Sideshow Pob

Sideshow Pob Active Member

Do you mean you've put a stock Honda 2012 shock on the earlier bike? It's a Big Piston type unit that works in a similar way to the BP forks on the later bike.

If that's what you mean then it is a better shock, I ran a 2012 track bike with stock rear shock and Ohlins R&T forks and the rear was fine (but I was just about to put a Nitron Race pro on it when I sold the bike.

If it's a low mileage shock then it's worth keeping on as it is a bit better than the earlier shock. The Nitron R1 would probably be an improvement again but not a huge amount.

10. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Thanks for the honesty. I am yet to receive it so I will fit it when it arrives and see how it goes but I will keep this in mind.
    Cheers
    Lyn