Northwest ride out 07 October 2012

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Garyb, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jase

Jase Elite Member

I am coming as we'll now so will also meet at Lymm services at 8.15am looks like it should be a good turnout and the weathers looks good .

2. Givover

Givover God Like

;)See you at Lymm dude .ps to all i have texted GaryB to confirm my awaited attendance.

3. thefirebloke

thefirebloke Elite Member

Just a quick tip, don't forget to put a spot of fairy liquid on the inside of your visor, smear it all over then buff it with some kitchen roll if you want to see through it in the morning or it will mist up guaranteed!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Morning ;)

5. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

morning. See you at Lymm. Just washing bike

6. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Have a good day guys, wish I could be with you, I'm off to the ranges to shoot shit near Dover.

7. Si.

Si. God Like

Good day, cold to start with (i.e feken freezing) , but warmed up nicely. 270 miles for me...and i'm starving marving.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Yup fantastic day out and a couple more photos to follow as my tea is ready! This is SI and his welsh half brother Jake he arrange a meeting whilst we were down there and they were so happy to see each other.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Si.

Si. God Like

pmsl....you twat.:D

#89 Si., Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Having a well earned beer it was great to meet you all ,a top bunch of lads and I hope to do it again sometime soon.

Thanks to Gary for organising it and Barney for taking photos.

I am going to go on eBay now to buy some thermal inner gloves as my hands were bloody cold this morning,while I am on there I will look at exhausts as there were some nice sounding bikes there today .

#90 Jase, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Rushforthk has made it home. Thanks for a great day guys. Must do it again, maybe next year. 388 miles for me today.
    Off to do some wallpapering. NOT

• Like Like x 3
  12. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Great ride and great to meet everyone even Si's axe murdering cannibal half brother who we had an encounter with.

Cheers for organising a great ride Gary, and hope to do it again soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Glad everyone had a good day - would def have been a heated grip setting 3 day I think at first if I had joined you - best £35 spent at the NEC show a couple of years ago - don't knock them till you have ridden with them on really cold days!

Can somebody post up the route you managed to do please

14. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    A few of the boys at the Midway Cafe
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    This is Elan Vallet Dam &Reservoir Si's Half brother lives here under a stone its a top place for a little detour.

• Like Like x 4
  15. cbr1

cbr1 Active Member

glad you all had a good days ride and probley the last good 1 this year :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Givover

Givover God Like

Medal of the day goe's to The Kendal Kid (Rushforthk) He rode all the way from the lakes this morning in freezing fog for most of the journey with his visor up ,his eyes where like pissholes in the snow and he was shaking like a shitting dog but never moaned once. Barney yet again showed true grit and met us a couple of times for a chat and some photos so a massive thanks to him from us all .

• Like Like x 4
  17. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Good evening, here's my slant on today's events.*
    First off,as I wheeled the bike out the garage, I though great, clear skies a little chilly but with the promise of the seldom seen yellow thing making an appearance?
    Got as far as Kirkham, and the fog was down in a thick way. I thought , ok, it will clear by Preston?

Wrong!

Got onto the M6 and I don't know what possessed me to do it but I opened my visor.*

Error!!

A quick dash onto the hard shoulder and wipe my glasses and visor down, and in now thinking WTF am I doing out in this!

Met Steve "Thefirebloke" as planned, had a quick chat and headed off to Lymm,
    Quite clear but as we got near Thelwall Viaduct, it was coming in thick fog again.*
    Met the Lymm contingent and decided to give it a go and head to the Raven, Midway truck stop as planned, and if it dosnt improve we could always spew it?

[​IMG]

Set off as planned to meet Robin, mate if your reading this, we got there at the time we said, but there was no sign of you, we did talk about it when we stopped, and agreed if the weather was as bad in Anglesey, as what we had encountered, totally appreciate your not coming?

Had a good ride on the route we'd *planned, Si lead then I took over a bit, then we hit the holy grail so called the A483.*
    A great ride with a good pace from everyone, a mixture of wet and dry roads landed us at CrossGates bang on time.*
    We were at a loss as what to do for a couple of hours, given the weather and the threat of frost once the sun had gone down.*
    Collectively we decided it would be a little silly doing the planned route, so we tagged on to Steve BladeRR8 and had a quick 30+ mile round trip around the Elen Vally, the roads were to say the least testing, we knew they were not fast but it was well worth doing for the views.*
    I forget the names of the two guys who turned up with Steve "sorry but brat to meet you.*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Si's "new" mate. Strange chap, pleasant enough, but strange all the same, let's say if he said do you want to come to a party, don't expect there to be any more than you and him.*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, headed back to CrossGates and set off around half two towards Oswestry to meet Barney 1, got snapped by the main man , in Pant, we then had a good chat at the services and headed for home.*

To sum it up,

354.1 miles
    10 top blokes.*

Great to meet some new faces, and always a pleasure to meet the regulars.*
    These rides would not happen if it wasn't for you all.
    A big hand to you guys for making it happen, and for doing it in style.*
    Again, I think I came out of my skin, and had a great ride. All I'll add to that is*
    5th ;)

Barney for turning out to take our pics once again. Really is amazing, every ride out should have a Barney. But I really can't wait for the ride out when he's on his bike.*

A special mention also to Kevin rushforthk for riding down from Cumbria to be with us, a great bloke, and hope to see you again soon.*

Too you all, I raise a glass this evening. To the next time!

• Like Like x 5
  18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

The power ranger audition was unusually well subscribed this year.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Definiatly a pat on each persons back mate. We all had a share in today.
    Great to meet you all. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Will do Alan,
    Basicly as the map to CrossGates and back, everything south was omitted, I'll try as best I can, unless someone beats me to it? To but the loop on.
    Well worth it, a great addition to the days ride.