Official olympics thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 26, 2012.

1. y2blade

y2blade Member

lol great mental image of a Mr Bean type chap trying to do DIY!

2. dave d

dave d Elite Member

fcuking typical,people desperate for tickets tried in vain in the ticket lottery,then load of empty seats at all venues. SHITE!!!! saying accredited sponsors tickets.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I watched the road race this afternoon with a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat at the unabashed Britishness of the GB team. They showed the rest of the field exactly how a concentrated and synchronised display of teamwork can take control of a race and ran to the front of the pack in perfect formation. For five hours they performed a flawless demonstration of how to dominate the pack.

Even when 33 other riders overtook them and pissed off over a minute up the road.

Makes you proud lads, makes you proud.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

Your flicking one off to archery & womens handball, freak.

Seriously though , i was giving it the ` i`m not going to watch any of that shit when its on routine`. So far i watched the opening ceremony from start to finish, very good , athletes bit was boring, but stuck with it. Watched some womens handball( never heard of it until then), fencing & caught a bit of swimming. Does it make me feel proud to be British, no, this country has gone to the dogs & its too late to do f*ck all about it. Will i watch more of this, yes , because it has to be more interesting than most of the utter shite that we have served up to us on our telly channels.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Lol, nothing went wrong. Got it all done. Its things not under my control what go tits up mate, i'm just an unlucky bastard and it's well known round these parts. A victim of circumstance.

6. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Its a fucking disgrace dave. A typical short sighted narrow minded greedy bastard cock up. I think I know how it happened, but the organisers are a bunch of cnuts and should be publicly flogged. Every seat should be taken, it would not be beyond the realms of possibilities, only they wouldnt be able to charge £380,000000000000 per ticket. Greedy twots.

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

30 mins of swimming Watched yesterday. Only because my Daughter wanted to watch it thought

8. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Been watching this and that, only coz it's on all the channels, did watch some rowing was funny as you like the cyclists following on the bank watching the boats and one bins it and near lands in the river....lol then gets up and bins it again....lol classic and VERY funny! :)

9. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

Was good - would have been better if it were real...

there was no shot of the queen in the helicopter...

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm trying hard not to be a glass half empty cry baby here, but for the poor, provincial hayseed without much proper learning or booksmarts, the ticket thing does come over a bit like 'bungs for the boys' and 'can't have the oiks cluttering up the place dontcha' know'.

I'm just saying is all. But it may just be that when London big wigs come home from a long day saving the country they need to be able to sit in two or three chairs, with their feet up on a couple more, just to be comfy.

And then, do you know what? It would be even comfier if I just stayed at home and watched it on every single BBC channel anyway.

To the mouth breathing slack jaws outside of the capital, it could just look like that, is all I'm saying.

11. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

The women's beach volleyball is on and cause its on
    Interactive I don't have any rewind, or pause
    Damm it ...............

12. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I have really taken to the spanish womens beach volleyball team but i cant think why

13. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

And Jeanette and I have been wetting ourselves laughing at a new game we've invented since Monday. Have a go, it's great fun. You make a bet when the programme starts on exactly how long it takes and how many times the BBC commentators mention how 'full' the stadia are.

It's only been happening since Monday night but it's brilliant.

Some may say its my inner cynic leaping to the surface, but there's not enough Lithium in the world to stop him screaming in my ear at the moment, I'm afraid.

14. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

so have we won more golds yet?

• Like Like x 1
  15. y2blade

y2blade Member

Absolutely outstanding :cool:

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm exhausted after watching that.

17. y2blade

y2blade Member

Mo...what a legend

18. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I know it's becoming a cliche but what an incredible day for the British Olympic team!

• Like Like x 1
  19. y2blade

y2blade Member

I'm loving it. have been hooked on the Olympics since day one.

:)

20. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Oh dear, penalties in the Football, it's not the England team its team GB so we might actually win a shoot out!