Official olympics thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jul 26, 2012.

1. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Yeah and I reckon the bird in silver is packing! ;)

2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

And that cleaner/car park attendants a good dancer....

• Like Like x 1
  3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Oh, Tory boys up. Now let's see someone accidentally let one of those Rapiers off from one of the skyscrapers, while they have the chance.

Can't wait to see his PayPal balance once the eBay auctions finished.

4. Toby LeRone

Toby LeRone Active Member

Did you know, Team USA came by private jet. Team Japan flew business class. Team France travelled by Eurostar. As for teams Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia, Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Kosovo, Albania, and Poland... They simply used their Oyster cards.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You bastard! I just spat drink over my iPad!

PMSFL!

I was just sat pondering that the only one consistently in tune tonight has been dead 21 years.

#125 kpone, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Villan

Villan Active Member

Ujgugvyf hvtc
    Lkmj.
    Lnjhuhugyvrtdwwr. O,kntttvyunknbvv ujnning
    Nju

Sorry, Villans wife here, i just wrestled the ipad off of him, what he's trying to say is that this ceremony is an epileptics worst nightmare!

• Like Like x 3
  7. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Finishing off with 'the who' makes it all better!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I take it back.

In a world where macca turns up to the opening of an envelope to embarrass everyone who ever followed him, it's easy to forget that Roger Daltrey is only a couple of years younger, has a body carved out of oak and can still blow Pete Townshend's amplifiers over with the power of his voice alone.

9. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

[​IMG]

10. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Well we had a fantastic time last night.
    L’s boss lives in East London and had given us a visitors parking permit so we could park in his road which was only a short walk to the Overground and then only 4 stops away from Stratford. Getting into the stadium was a pretty painless and didn’t take anywhere near as long as I expected, I have waited far longer in airport security checks. But I was dreading 80’000 people all leaving at the same time. If you thought the tickets were expensive that was nothing compared to the cost of food and drink.
    Some of the show was a bit bizarre and if I had known that Russell Brand or should I say Bland was going to be in it I would have had second thoughts before buying the tickets. It was still an awesome event with an incredible atmosphere. The light show and fire works were the highlight of the evening and being in the middle of it all was pretty mind blowing made that much better why The Who performing the final spot. Then it was all over and the home time nightmare began. I ask L what time it was as we waited to leave our seat. 12.15hrs. We where back in our car by 01.10hrs, I have never seen an operation like it for moving so many people so quickly. I was well impressed with how TfL who I criticise on a regular basis had really got it all sorted. We got home just after 03.00 hrs. I wasn’t expecting to get back to the car till then let alone home. We decided to open a bottle and go through the photographs and video we had taken and then to our horror discovered the silent mode was left on the camera so all the videos had no sound. (Self nomination for the 1000rr numpty awards). What a shame as some of the photos and video look pretty good. I will post a few up when I get time. I was well pissed off with myself and we spend the next few hours drinking, chatting and self arse kicking. I opened the curtains to go outside for a ciggy and discovered it was full on sunny daylight, it was quarter to eight. How does time evaporate the moment the cork screw comes out the draw ? Over all a cracking night only spoiled slightly by the camera screw up.

If anyone can enlighten me on how to dub music into a video it would be appreciated.

11. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoyed it mate. My mate managed to blag a couple of tickets, down the home straight. He was well shouting it up on fb, texting everyone etc when I asked him what the tickets were actually for he didnt know until his wife looked......

50 km walk!!!!!!!!! Lol.

(or summat just as shit).

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Is it digital video, David?

13. Freedom of choice

Yes Ken, taken on the HS30EXr you recommended to us. Great camera by the way so thanks for the heads up, taken a quite a lot of photos over the last couple of weeks, a few of which I am quite proud off.

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Good news, I'm actually going to buy one for myself but I'm arguing with Fuji at the moment. They want me to pay more for it than amazon do. Considering how much money I make for Fuji, that's a work in progress.

Anyway, I take it you've not played with any editing software before?

15. Freedom of choice

Nope. Microsoft paint is about as editing tech as I get. I was thinking I might be able to dub The Who’s My generation onto the final part of the evening video as seems quite good with them and all the lights, fireworks and ticker tape etc.

You want to have a word with that inept Fuji salesman you mentioned some time back and put him straight, that not right that you can’t get a good deal direct with them. We got our from John Lewis as it was on special price and only about twenty quid more than Amazon and a shed load cheaper then the normal camera shops. Plus they gave an extra year’s guarantee.

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

If you want to send me a copy with an idea of the other music you'd like I'll have a pop for you if you'd like.

Believe it or not, if I take our buying in price as Fuji pro dealers, put the VAT on it, it's £30 more than amazons price

#136 kpone, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  17. Freedom of choice

Ken that is very very kind of you. When I get time I will copy onto an another memory card or usb stick if you would prefer and pop it in the post. Might take me a few days as I am expecting a shit storm when I go into the office tomorrow morning. Fully expecting a very moody boss wanting to know why I haven’t answered any of his calls, texts or emails, turned my work phone back on this evening for it to go ballistic I swear I thought it was going to blow up, we stood looking at it laughing as it binged and pinked for what seemed like ten minutes. Annual leave is annual leave.
    Got to go to bed now, been awake since about half eight yesterday morning with only a short nap this afternoon, fully expecting not to be able to sleep as over tired but better give it go as I will have to get up at five.

Thanks again for offering to see if you can add some music to my cock ups.