Olympics - What a piss take

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by samuk, Jul 17, 2012.

1. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

It'll be a right big expensive fukc up.

2. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

No black cabs..... the goverment are a bunch of twats! So how busy do these lanes get?

3. MrB

MrB God Like

You can just imagine them being empty whilst everyone else suffers

4. Moily

Moily Active Member

Only to be used by athletes and all the sponsors. :rolleyes:

Seen loads of 2012-liveried BMWs flying about, mostly sponsors' ones.

5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I have been involved in picking up the pieces of the G4S fall out, I cannot emphasise the lack of professionalism
    By the people they have employed the staff have started turning up in drubs and drabs we thought that was a good thing and then we met them trust me it was better when they were not showing up. Font get me wrong their are a few good ones but the vast and I mean vast majority are a risk to say the least, you wouldn't believe it unless u saw it with your own eyes I'm just glad my safety is not in the hands of G4S

6. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Oh and at the small hotel site I was at their must have been no less than 20-25 12 plate BMW's all liveried up full leather SE and sport models mostly 5 series

7. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

thos BM's are everywhere benn, think they are just driving around!?!? mostly with one person in... how is their carbon footprint??

as you can detect - slight change of tone this morning!!

i am generally for the olympics, think it's been great propping up the construction industry in the capital, provided a host of amazing facilities, regenerated areas which needed investment, and will be a great event for london, and the country.

but this morning i'm joining you bunch of moody mofo's lol....

i get the train from rochester or strood in kent to london st panc... during the olympics, to cater for shuttling trains to and from stratford they have decided to cancell all strood trains and halve the number of rochester trains to one an hour and finishing at 9pm just when people will be making their way home!!!!!!?!? wtf...

going to tripple in numbers getting the trains and they reduce the service by effectively 2/3rd to an area where i gather a lot of the ticket holders will be coming from? their plan to manage the caos, you cant now board a train early, you have to que up outside the station!! yeah thats going to work.... think some serious train rage will be dealt this coming weeks!

to top it off, my firm who managed the build, and know more than anyone about it, have sent a global email saying they expect full attendance throughtout the games and we should make "alternative arrangements" to make sure we get to work on time??

what are the alternatives?? oh i'll drive, becuase the roads will be quiet in south london wont they! f*cking plebs.....

And i still didnt get a ticket!!!!

#27 Jimbo Vills, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Saw these yesterday - made me chuckle too! great post mate

9. Moily

Moily Active Member

Didn't plan my weekends up north well and have worked out that I'll be riding past the OP on the A12 right before the Opening Ceremony..! :rolleyes:

Mind you, I don't think it matters when I ride past there over the next 7 weeks, it's always going to be a 'mare. Working out if I can filter just inside the outside Zil lane on the A12? Reckon I should be ok. All other traffic will be completely stopped so I can tuck in quite close to the normal lane and only breach the Zil slightly.

10. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

Ho much money do you think the UK will make from Londeners - who accidently end up parking where they shouldn't or end up in the Olympic lanes by mistake..

None of the cars from the EU can have fines enforced..

11. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

One of my friend who has a flat in Stratford - has rented it out for 2 months. £4000 per month! her mortgage is only like £300 per month!

She has no family there so moving out is easy for her..

12. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

13. Moily

Moily Active Member

Yep, rates of £2,500pw for decent places over the fortnight, and slightly lower for longer-term rentals over the month or two for media companies. Roughly looking at 4x normal rental rates.

14. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

wow...£2,500 per week!

im just pissed off with the permits!

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

So glad I have no need to go inside the M25

16. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Is that Southampton Row facing south, looks like it to me? If so I am often just down the road and hang a right. Maybe meet for a coffee one day, after the Olympics of course? We are taking annual leave and keeping the hell away except for the closing ceremony that we have tickets for.

17. djfleming22

djfleming22 Active Member

We don't need to worry about paying for the Olympics through our taxes all they will do is put up the cost of Petrol and Diesel by 20p a litre in August..... and all we got in Scotland was the the football games and Wales and Ireland remember you are part of the UK and you must pay as well even though you did not get anything ..... its great being part of the UK.... sorry London.... i wonder how much the MP's will claim on expenses for going to the Olympics by Taxi that's right there on strike wheres the helicopter i am not paying for it anyway... sorry but fed up with roads that are a mess and petrol prices that are to high with the government taking 80p a litre.... what a piss take the UK is

18. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

Just got back from the olympic torch procession through our sunny isle, great for the school kids - motor cycle cops even handslaping the kids as they rode past with blue lights and sirens going. Haven't seen so much old bill since the picket lines in '84/'85, plus loads of 12 plate beemers in olympic trim and the Coca-Cola, Samsung, Lloyds TSB and other hangers on coaches.
    Jimbo you have my sympathy the trains will probably be chaos over the olympics, then there's all the getting back to normal afterwards that will take as long again as most of the trains will be in the wrong place for normal service and every one will want their holidays/rest days to spend their extra money. Not to mention cleaning all the road paint off, changing all the road signs again etc.