Onboard at cadwell 7th July 2014 inters

Discussion in 'Pictures & Videos' started by SimonRR, Jul 8, 2014.

1. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Yeah we took separate trailers so his mate could take his bike home in his car, and yes there are raised areas on tread, which I though meant his rebound was to fast/hard and needed softening?

But I am no suspension expert lol ;)

I always have my back and chest protector on, well chest one depends on how many pies I have had recently lol

2. Muffking

Muffking God Like

#22 Muffking, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  3. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

If you ever need stuff collecting from Cadwell just let me know. Normally have a trailer but always have a car with a tow hitch and space to store stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I always use my trailer, but at least it leaves the option of either someone towing my trailer & bike home, or driving my car complete with trailer.

5. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I always take my trailer, and we have a mate who drives but only rides a moped, so he can drive one car back if we to injured :eek: like he did with Paul
    I prefer to trailer the bike there anyway, because we seem to have loads of other stuff to take, genny, warmers, tools, stands and so on :)

6. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Simon.
    Off topic, but how did you fit the fibreglass tail fairing on your bike when you were switching to track fairings? I've just got some for my bike, but can't see how it fits over a standard rear end.

7. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

it takes one hell of a lot of pulling over (side to side), the same way as std plastic, but its more rigid, it shouldn't snap, well mine didn't?

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I tried my little heart out and just couldn't get it over. I resided in thinking that it may be a hacksaw the under tray job, but i ain't doing that :eek:

9. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

it should go, there will be a bit of creaking and thinking its going to snap, but should be ok?
    you could always trim a bit of the sides off the cover?

10. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

He was quite a way off line and could well of hit some marbles there but a bit unlucky as adding power coming out of the corner is exactly what you should be doing. I came past just a few seconds later and he wasn't moving at first but moved to his hands and knees just as I passed. Glad he's ok. Personally I would NEVER go out with a spine protector. In fact I'd go as far as saying they should be compulsory.

A couple of clear laps from a session the same day. I think this was Inters too.

#30 Colonel_Klinck, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Muffking

Muffking God Like

I was there on Tuesday and it looks like an off camber exit too.

When i came back in after a session with an instructor we talked about the 3 off camber exits, Chris 2, Mansfield and Barn. He said you can walk round the track after hours, often on the night before a track day if camping and get a better idea as some can be deceiving.

12. Colonel_Klinck

Colonel_Klinck New Member

Walking the track is a great idea. Cadwell looks a different circuit when you walk it. You'll find the gradients are more extreme and it gives you a far better idea of cambers. Exit of Charlie's 2 is off camber but it's not as bad if you ride the racing line through it. I always walk the track the night before on a circuit I don't know.

13. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Not seen this angle of Charlie's 2 before

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Muffking

Muffking God Like

That's from the grassy area up the hill left of Coppice. I jack knifed my trailer there once, that was a worrying moment :eek: I was towing my bike round to get some photos from the far side after the Triumph broke down (fuel adaptor broke off the tank) and it was pissing down with rain, but with the car being rwd it slid it's back end down hill and turned round on me and my bike wasn't behind the back window any more :eek: The marshall must of thought WTF is he doing :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Scott

Scott Active Member

38 psi isn't that too high ?

16. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

indeed, I did try to tell him :(

• Like Like x 1