One piece leathers and tightness!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Glenandemm, Jan 19, 2021.

1. bradt

bradt Elite Member

Hi Glen will you be wearing a back protector ? If so obviously make sure leathers will zip up, you could get the suit altered to ensure a snug fit if that's what you want, in my view leathers don't really give that much they will eventually soften but that's a long way off. I think they look pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

Hi mate that pic i have the back protector in, I took it out and it didn’t make much difference so put it back in but I’ll be leaving it in anyway.
    I’ve worn them again round the house for a few hours and I think they are as close fitting size as I’ll get as 40’s was too baggy in places and leaning over the bike left a gaping hole down my chest to grab air!
    They don’t restrict movement at all on bike so I’ll just put up with the slight tightness on the belly and hope I can lose a few pounds!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

my mate who I got the Rst from runs the dainese shop in Manchester and he said with dainese leather it’s a lot more plush then the likes of Rst so won’t stretch as much, I have to say though the dainese leather feels so much more softer and smoother pal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

I really fancied these as they’d have gone perfect with my repsol test colour bike but I’ve read a lot of bad reviews about these suits from Pakistan yet the Rst are made there too!
    A mate has just took a chance on some in Yamaha Rossi leathers and he said they feel very nice fitting and have all removable liners and protection all Over etc so may take a look at his and gauge up a set of those too!
    B828CC9D-704F-45B7-BEEF-AE0D20EB58A2.png 395BF9D6-3292-402B-9B05-ACD766F5A571.png

5. bradt

bradt Elite Member

They look good especially for the cost but 'taking a chance' with gear that could potentially save your life in the event of an off isn't a chance I would want to take, I am a firm believer in buying the best gear you can afford for me it's Dainese one piece suit, Alpinestars boots and gloves and quality helmet.

I would love a set of Repsol leathers that match my bike but £250 from Pakistan no thanks.

Glen stick with what you've got and feel confident in them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tuktuk

tuktuk Elite Member

Anything bike ppe related you want a brand who tests their products and has processes in place to maintain a certain standard.

We are lucky in the fact we have brands like RST who make brilliant products at affordable prices.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Glenandemm

Glenandemm Active Member

cheers pal, exactly my concern at £250 seems very cheap!
    Rst is amazing I’ve found for the price but my mate reckons they’re probably made in same factory as his as they come from Pakistan too.
    Not so sure myself and not seen the quality of his yet but I know the Rst is very impressive for the price!

8. bladey

bladey Senior Member

These Scott leathers are the most comfortable I've had. Thick but they give where you want them to. REPSOL LEATHER.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bradt

bradt Elite Member

I appreciate some 'branded leathers ' are made in Pakistan but you hope they are made to a higher specification than some of the ebay offerings, difficult choice maybe but I would stick with the names that you know .

#29 bradt, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. blink

blink Well-Known Member

I know my dainese suits definitely get softer and are much nicer after some good use. I bought a laguna seca D4 and it was tight, but the chap in the shop said it was a good fit, tight all over. I just sold it and when I put it on to take photos, I had to stuff three pillows in it so it didnt look like a bin bag thrown over a skeleton.

new dainese suit is 56, and to be honest, it could probably be a size smaller, but being tall means it wouldn't fit in other areas.

and yes, I have pristine knee sliders and have perfected the 'soiled pants parade'. At least I look road soiled :D I ride in all weather and i dont spend the rest of the weekend cleaning them. Quick rub with some Jif and im done, things look better when broken in a bit

Also, another vote for RST leathers, I had a two piece for my 125 and the quality is excellent and when you look at the price, its unbeatable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. blink

blink Well-Known Member

best pic i can find now, def not a poser, or a show off

[​IMG]

I must work on smiling...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Selmer50mark

Selmer50mark God Like

Are you a librarian ? o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. bladey

bladey Senior Member

Cheeky sod. However I did used to be a teacher - don't bloody groan - although in art, but that didn't stop me getting to grips with Rupert and steadily rising through Thomas the Tank Engine to the Famous Five. Us southerners tend to be edjakated.

• Funny Funny x 3