Operation Blackness... My winter build...

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Blackness, Jan 24, 2015.

1. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Not really my bag... Like the old school racey look of my simple hrc one !

3. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Don't you just love getting back home to find the Ohlins fairy has visited you :D
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

Very nice!!

5. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

Lovely shock mate, got mine a couple of weeks ago too. Getting it fitted and setup at MCT end of Feb can't wait!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

superb! did you manage to avoid the customs fairy as well?

7. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

Bling bling and more bling looking forward to seeing in the flesh , great mods , should be like a magic carpet ride once set up etc....

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Thank you boys...
    Can you imagine my frustration and the will power involved to not bolt these in ! All the back end, linkages and everything has been immaculately stripped, cleaned and rebuilt and is gleaming... The new carbon, the new anodised alloy and titanium... The OCD won't let me fit them...
    New gold supersprox being held on with Ti bolts and anodised black Ti nuts, Ti axel nut, Ti disc bolts blah blah, No way can i go near that shock with the old bolts :eek:
    Slight oversight in the ordering logistics department but hopefully be here by wednesday !

Until then I'm just gonna have to continue to being content with sitting here on the sofa cradling it in my arms like a baby... (And don't tell me I'm the only one to have done that !!)
    Mrs has got over questioning it now since she caught me talking to a the new axel nut... Well, it is a thing of beauty and credit where credit is due...

• Like Like x 4
  9. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Haven't heard from customs mate ! Not sure how this works coz before stuff has come via royal mail and I've had to go in and pay the price before i can get at it... Today, man pulled up in white van, Mrs sign for it (the start of a quite afternoon :rolleyes: ), and that was it ! How does this work ? Does customs send me a bill or what ?

10. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

You're most likely in the clear. Post Office/Parcelfarce won't normally release it if there is a customs' charge on an item :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blade048

Blade048 Active Member

I was billed by DHL stateside for customs charges before it was flown over I believe. So you might have got lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

You'll be fine if it came from a man in the States who I buy my suspension from.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Sweeeeeet... Fingers crossed then !

14. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Cracking build buddy and the best colour :), I fitted my shock and exhaust the other day and cant wait to get it out for a blast, I've had the shock a good month and no sign import tax demand.
    I spotted somone mentioned sprockets, I put a 44t on the back and it made a nice nice difference, I would have thought 1 0ff the front would make it rev to high whilst cruising at speed for road use.
    I was gonna order some fork's but the Mrs caught wind of it and smashed down a deposit a trip to Disney and Bahamas cruise :(
    Must admit I'm liking the carbon, could be my next investment :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

The replacement hugger arrived today ! Had to bolt it in to have a looksy even tho i haven't a clue if its gonna work until i get my wheels back from the paint shop... Forgot i may still need to send it back because i got caught up in the moment and fettled a bit out so it would sit better with the chain guard !
    Also got a bit more dremeling to do on the chain guard as its still a tiny bit off of being square. The little P-clip arrived just to match in and hold the brake hose, of which i'm gonna have to get a slightly shorter one as its all moved back a bit with the new rear-sets, but i think its all looking highly sexual..
    Rear brakes all cleaned, rebuilt and will have to make do until the rear brembo miraculously turns up due to weakness..
    Armstrong wavy rear disc turned up too, which is in immaculate condition and done no work and i got it for £26 !
    It'll all be back off tomorrow because hopefully the new shock bolts will get delivered and i can finally bolt that golden bouncing bad boy in !
    Got my PCV mapped by a friend with a normal laptop as dynojet are too backward to do it compatible with Mac's. Hopefully it should be ok with there suggested map with my set up until i get to the dyno...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Funnily enough mine was questioning the price of my Ohlins, whilst cunningly doing the search for Egyptian holidays again, while also trying little summer dresses on the lil one :rolleyes:

Gonna see how i go with this gearing first as i don't want it too wheelie happy, but it'll also be nice if she pops it up a bit easier for them childish moments ;)

17. Smigga

Smigga New Member

Love the write up, lovely bike and hats of to your modding abilities!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Blackness

Blackness Active Member

Thank you buddy :)

19. 1000rrboyjay

1000rrboyjay Active Member

G, she looks stunning! Absolutely stunning. I'm so tempted to do brembos and ohlins shock now! Roll on spring!

20. Tezza H

Tezza H Active Member

Again your build is getting better and better, your gonna get me in bother with the Mrs, lol

It took me ages to get my linkages how I wanted them, but worth it when its all together :)

100_5598.jpg

• Like Like x 2