Opps - Broke me Leg

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RepsolSam, Sep 21, 2014.

1. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

This will cheer you up, my accident was 10mph and I'm still having ops 10years on lol

2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

I feel quite lucky at my low speed off recently then coming off with just bruises, but hate diesel even more now ;-)

3. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that things haven't healed according to plan, real bummer they have to break it again. Was talking with a lad Sunday on the RAF Valley track day and he'd had the metal down the middle, he reckons he could weight bear/walk after 3 day on clutches.
    I'm back at Stoke next month which I think will be my final appointment, still getting pains in fib every now and then but is getting less and less.
    Here hoping all goes well for your next op Sam.

4. RepsolSam

RepsolSam Well-Known Member

Had my CT Saturday, and seen the doc today.

He said legs has to be broken, and he will again fit a frame on the leg to align the bone, put a plate and a rod in, then remove the frame.

1-2 weeks in crutches, then start to weight bare..

There was a big however, if there is any kind of infection lurking around, this make only be noticed after the surgery..?

Also there is good 4 months wait for the theater ..NHS for you!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

holy smokes this is taking the p*** now..

6. Ritchierich

Ritchierich Well-Known Member

Bloody Hell Sam that's shit mate, are you able to use your leg now to do most things so the 4 month wait is too bad or is walking still too painful for you?

7. RepsolSam

I can walk, and stand on one leg..just some muscle tightness...but am working on it .

Just wanted closures - I thought yes he would break it plate up and off I go...but I have to wait 4 odd months...

Just dragging on a bit. Just fed up now I think..

Tramadol - is not easy to cone off...iv started calling it the happy pill...as without it I'm finding it difficult getting on with day to day stuff...

With be a year in August.

On a plus note..may be heading to the Ring this bank holiday weekend in my car.. ;-)

8. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Try to keep positive if you can, hopefully next op will sort you out

9. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Re the Tramadol, I was on big dosage for 3 yrs for my knee following an accident. Anyhow ended up having to have knee replacement December & had to start weaning off it. Withdrawal symptoms are shocking with this drug its akin to heroin. The only way to do it is very gradual reduction.
    If it helps, they do a combined tramadol/paracetemol tablet with a lower dosage in and as its a hard tablet you can half it or third it when you get down to the last dosage. I reduced down a tiny bit every 5 days or so and finally finished 3 weeks ago. Im still getting symptoms but they are getting less and further apart. I've realised now how fuzzy they made me & I've so much more energy back now.
    If you dont need them for pain, try and get off them and eventually you will feel so much better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Had similar issues with tramadol Lozzy, I now make strong co-codomol most days but still take tramadol on the real difficult days. I just have to be careful I don't over do it.
    But I had real troubles coming off it after years of taking it every day

11. RepsolSam

So for the last 2 days, i opened the capsule and emptied half out - so taking near 25mg - one pill a day.

Feel tired when i dont take it, get hot and cold... last time i saw the doc and had not taken it could not hold a conversation, just wanted to get out of there..

Finding i am forgetting things...not sure if this is related..

Will get come co-codomol - on my next visit to the GP and give this a go.

I remember got 5 years back, a friend gave me a Tramadol pil at work, had pain... I remember me needing loud music, and a lift home.. lol

12. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Only probs with taking co-codomol is they do back you up a bit but it's better than being in pain

13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Are you still in pain if you don't take meds? If not then you need to come off them, co codemol is another codeine based drug & will have withdrawal symptoms as well.....
    The tramadol gave me hot sweats then shivering with cold, really bad flu like symptoms, ringing in ears,loss of balance, nausea n diarrhoea, insomnia & so on....all within hours of being late with a dose! Its a bloody awful drug, if you ask your docs they should advise you on reduction help & there are some sensible tramadol websites that offer good advice :)

14. RepsolSam

2 weeks off the tramadol - it was not easy...the withdrawals were not good..feel allot better now...[emoji1]

Anyway..I now take the odd paracetamol every day & some codine every 3 or so days..

Docs given me a date of 13th October to operate on my leg - which means I'll have to spend the winter recovering again.

Legs allot stronger now..just a shame its bent!

Have started sorting out my bike..It feels good being off the MED's as I actually feel lime doing things...and its the meds that were dragging me down for the lat 3 odd months.

15. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Good you ditched them mate
    Bet you feel less like a zombie now