Please, please, PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Si., Jul 3, 2012.

1. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

My god it looks like a cat suit.Might get er indoors one and get her to put it on when my boy is out lol

2. megawatt

megawatt Well-Known Member

You lot are just a load of fookin pussies! Get on yer bikes n ride em,FFS. I ride all year round, with Arthritis and a metal knee and I occasionally get a bit damp. I don't set out in the pissing rain , snow and ice, but I don't mind a bit of damp, wet roads. I reckon you mostly don't ride , because you don't wanna keep cleaning yer pretty, shiney bikes or devaluing em by putting some mileage on em. HARDEN UP YOU FECKERS!!!:D:D:D
    Ronnie Johns - Chopper - Harden the Fuck Up - YouTube

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

You live in a bloody swamp!

If the sun comes out you wither away you bloody toad!

4. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

christ after seeing the title thought your bike broke down and you needed help to get home ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

I live on the coast, and have been seriously considering swapping the bike for a jetski/wetbike, and the leathers for a wetsuit...... can have fun on that no matter how much rain gets thrown at me.

Plus, with a little creative planning, I could commute 90% of the way to work on it!!!

7. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

I'm so glad i booked most of my holidays from the back end of the summer........this rain is getting beyond a joke.:(

8. BLAGGERS

BLAGGERS Well-Known Member

No good for bororich, it would fukc his pamper flap fidgetry

9. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i know what you mean si.
    bloody sick of rain . went on a monkeybike run in northumberland for a weekend sept last year... rained both days constantly.
    went on a welsh run the week after got piss wet through on the first day . gave up and went home on the 2nd day due to torrential rain.
    went to the isle of wight on a monkey run may this year .. rained every bloody day.
    was due to go on a lakes run mid june 3 days , dint go due to rain.
    was due to go south to clacton on a monkey run last weekend didnt bother going 130 each way due to rain forecast.. went on the northern run with you lot instead , got piss wet through.
    just cancelled this weekends monkey weekend around peak district due to heavy rain forecast each day
    aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!
    just think though .. that first nice sunny weekend where you can get your bike out and go for it.. the coppers will be bloody everywhere cos they know we will all be out after such a long crap weather spell.

just noticed in my status in the column next to my name it says "fine weather rider" someone is taking the piss.

edit again .. it has just changed to "full licence " that rant must have been so long that it changed my status. lol.

#29 r1monkey, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  10. ray

ray Well-Known Member

This rain is the only thing keeping me sane whilst my bike is laid up waiting for the right hoses to be made by Samco.

If I'm lucky I might get them before the start of the Olympics :D

Selfish of me I know :D

11. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I am glad someone feels like I do :(

I hope soon we get a break from this shite weather and very soon

• Like Like x 1
  12. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Good job someone thought of that before I bought one :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I can feel everyone's pain regarding the weather, no one more than me, I had actually considered jacking it all in with the super bikes.
    I went on a bit of a downer a couple of weeks ago, after having had the bike layed up for three consecutive weekends due to piss poor conditions.
    Tell you now though, since I met 11 others off this forum on Sunday my attitude is changing, I believe Megs and his "man the fcuk up" attitude is sinking in?

Minus side. Yeah I got wet and the bike got shite up.
    Plus side, not one speed camera, I learned to ride in challenging conditions at not as bad a pace as i first thought ;) I met some great people, and I actually get to see where I've been when I clean the bike :D

Seriously though,The actual conditions on Sundays Northern ride out were not that bad, what made it hazardous was the debris on the road from the deluge of heavy rain we have had these past few weeks, but we don't get that every time it rains,
    Yeah I love to see my bike mint, but I'm asking myself if I never see it dirty how clean is clean?
    So that's me now looking for some decent waterproofs.

After all, we would moan like fcuk if they kept cancelling Moto GP WSBK and BSB because it was or had been raining. Wouldn't we?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Know you boys suffer more than us up there so I do feel for ya...

But loving the change of heart Gary! Like keeping my bike clean, but they are there for riding, won't go out if it's dinging down, but do take my chances and hope for the best sometimes.

Forecast wasn't great Sunday, but we headed out regardless, got soaked and road home from Portsmouth in showers and damp roads, but we had a awesome ride down, all with guys who keep there pride and joys spotless but enjoy riding more, yeah it was a pain in arse at times, but the good bits far outweighed the bad!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

That's what winters are designed for Jimbo, ride the bike in the summer come what may, and when there's a chance of ice and it's just to damn cold to enjoy it, strip the bike down and give it the kind of clean it deserves.
    Don't think it would make one iota when it comes to trading it in against another? so long as the maintainence is kept up and everything is spot on I'm sure a well used bike will fetch nearly as much as one that's not?

Perhaps any dealers could elaborate on this?

16. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Totally agree, gave mine toothbrush treatment whilst i was too sore to ride last week, first ride out and it came home bogging, got it home, hosed it down and wiped it down.

It's not mint, but not sitting there rotting lol... And if I get time I'll clean it up proper before the next ride great, if I don't, hey ho...

If you go out in less than perfect conditions, then you appreciate it more when it is!

That's my view anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ray

ray Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. Givover

Givover God Like

I agree Gary ,I used to (sport) ride in winter due to the fact that i couldn't get enough but after each trip the bike was cleaned and looked after and at trade in they looked like new but they still got that little slimey little green book out and give you the speel.Then you would walk around the showroom and noticed the bolts on some bikes had faired up and some (underside ) was filthy and i used to think what was the point of coming home sometimes late on freezing then off with the leathers and washing the sucker with cold water and minting it just to let someone else cream up but thats how i am and always will be.£12000 is a lot of dosh to invest in a toy. Ps Still ride mainly all year but not as keen.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Thanks for that Ray,

I'm looking towards a Frank Thomas i had one before and let it go,the type that folds in on it's self and clips around the waist the size was XL and even that was "snug"
    I agree with Benn, a cracking suit mate, thank you for the offer, and may I say, a very appropriate thread for a bump. ;)

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not just the bike. I'm getting bloody cabin fever. This time of year I like to come home, pour a drink, sit in the garden and get out of work mode. The weekends I like to clean the cars, mow the lawn, enjoy the time I'm not likely to get back.

And what am I doing? I'm running from work to the car to stay as dry as possible, running from the garage to the house and sitting watching the shit fall out of the sky day in, day out, in a fucking jumper for christs sake, in fucking July. And it's seriously beginning to get on my tits.