Power Commander V questions?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by GSP, May 28, 2011.

1. JM1

JM1 Active Member

Cheers mate, I never knew that.

2. Bats

Bats Active Member

Haha i know what ya mean ive just paid 11 grand for mine 2001 hrc abs it now has 290 miles and a tail tidy,rad gaurd,k&n, and a Brembo rcs off me old blade!

Got some right bargins off the bay with me 57 plate last under seat! gilles yoshi carbon hugger pc3 all for 500 notes! No its looking like 600 for yoshi and 270 for PCv EXPENSIVE :(

3. GSP

GSP Active Member

There's nothing on eBay cheap for 08 onwards, I've been scanning for an exhaust for months.

Claycross CMC for the power commander and o2 eliminator at £270, and jhs for the yoshi at £650. Although that was a may only offer, they may still honour it though.

4. GSP

GSP Active Member

It's been an expensive month with the R&G, seat cowl and buying the bike lol

5. GSP

GSP Active Member

None of my parts have arrived yet :(

Was told today for the Yoshimura by JHS Racing and they havn't even received it yet so that won't be happening, and CMC Claycross still don't have my PCV in stock. You would think the PCV would be available next day from the supplier.

More worried about the exhaust at the moment though seeing as it was quite expensive and JHS phone is constantly engaged... makes you wonder what is going on :(

6. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

There always seems to be a wait on yoshi for some reason.

The pcv can be dispatched direct from DJ to yourself if you go thru a dealer so there shouldn't be a hold up with that. Seems strange

7. GSP

GSP Active Member

JHS have replied by email saying that they have spoken to Yoshimura (they are supplied by PhoenixNW) and it was dispatched to them yesterday so will arrive with them today, and that they will send it to me for tomorrow. So hopefully I won't need to take another day off to sit in all day :rolleyes:

8. GSP

GSP Active Member

Yoshi is going to be here at 1pm :D

Power Commander, they still don't know where it is and are going to call me back... I'm seriously fucked off now, I just called Dynojet UK and they have the PCV in stock and always send out next day delivery if ordered before 12:30... so CMC Claycross should have had it wednesday at the latest.

That's my weekend scrwed by them bastardos...

9. GSP

GSP Active Member

EDIT: Yep, to confirm it would seem they are incompetent... the PCV won't be here until tuesday now so my bke is in bits and useless for this nice hot weekend waiting for a part that should have been with me Wednesday.

It's no wonder places go out of business. CMC Claycross... not reliable, I'll be avoiding them in the future.

10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Bad news !!! put the bike back together and enjoy the weekend :)

It will take your mind off it

11. GSP

GSP Active Member

I've been playing table tennis phone calls with them. After speaking to Dynojet UK I found out the can deliver saturday for order made before 15:30... but it costs an extra £8 to the retailer.

So I managed to convince CMC this was the case but they were only willing to go halves on the charge :rolleyes:

At least it will be with me tomorrow before 12:00...

On another note :D

[​IMG]

oooo yeah

12. GSP

GSP Active Member

Fitted :D :D

Was fairly easy to fit... The hardest bit was removing the O2 sensor and tracing the wire to the plug. Really easy to find once you know where it is mind :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It sounds as mental as my 600rr with carbon yoshi did so I'm happy. Couldn't resist switching it on even though I don't have the PCV yet and I've removed the O2 sensor. It ran fine though, the idle was a bit lumpy and the engine management light was on, but it ran fine for the few seconds to let me hear the NOISE!!!

13. GSP

GSP Active Member

PCV fitted as well now... seems to run very nicely with the Yoshi R77, Standard Filter, O2 Eliminator Map 504. The bike is noticably smoother, I'll probably still aim to get a custom map done before the end of the month.

The PCV was suprisingly easy to fit, if I had to do it again I reckon a 30 minute job at most, you need super small hands to get the plugs off though unless you can be bothered removing the entire tank... which I couldn't.

The can is very bloody loud though. The hole for the baffle is a bit rubbish and I should have drilled it out a little bit as right now the baffle can't be fitted.

14. flatstickHRC

Yeah it's alot easier if you removethe tank completely

Did you remember to check the throttle position and reset it if needed?

15. GSP

GSP Active Member

It didn't say anything about needing to do that in the instructions, and I don't see why you would need to?

How do you reset it the TPS anyway, and how would I go about checking it?

Thanks

16. flatstickHRC

Run the engine till warm

Turn off and Plug in laptop to PCV

Run engine again with laptop now plugged in and on the software screen at the top there is an option to reset throttle position

Open that menu and when idling it should be at zero%. If you blip the throttle it will increase

If not zero at idle turn off engine but leave ignition on. Go full throttle and close throttle then click reset

With engine off but ignition on wind on the throttle and you will see the % go all the way to 99% and back to zero if it's correct

17. GSP

GSP Active Member

Ah sweet, I'll have a bash at this tomorrow.

Went for a quick 60mile run out with my girlfriend on the back this afternoon, it felt good, but a bit weird in the lower revs so this may help. It may also have been just me getting used to the noise and tryin to keep smooth for her.

No harm in checking it anyway, thanks for the guidance.

18. GSP

GSP Active Member

Thanks for this advice, I checked the TPS sunday morning much to my neighbours delight and the TPS was fine at 0.

Took the bike out for a real good blast, the exhaust is bloody great and the PCV makes things so smooth.

I think I'll get a custom map just so that I can check everything is OK by someone who plays with PCV's all the time. Otherwise I'll be worrying.

I love how controlled lifting the front is now MUHAHAHA

19. skinso

skinso Active Member

I was getting the yoshi's cheap last summer, still might be able to if any1 is interested

20. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Depends how much but i would possibly be interested