Rant

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Blix, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Blix

Blix Active Member

Agree completely with the diesel spillage, I bet that has caused more accidents than motorcycles spontaneously combusting on the garage forecourt:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

They should keep diesel and petrol pumps clear of each other for safety of us petrol users

3. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

God, I love forums. A few posts and it turns into....... :D

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Funny lol rofl.gif

5. travellingkiwi

travellingkiwi Active Member

Might take some a while to get off if they have a broken leg at the time, but I can guarantee that it wouldn't take me too many milli-seconds to get off and away...

• Like Like x 1
  6. CharlieR85

CharlieR85 Elite Member

I've only had this once and it was at a Sainsbury's. Luckily she let me fill up and decided to mention it as I was paying. I just said thanks but no thanks I'll go elsewhere next time.

Just thought though....shouldnt passengers in a car be made to disembark aswell? If we are going for 1 rule for everyone. I fancy getting off a burning bike faster than getting a baby out of a child seat surrounded by flames.

7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I really don't see the problem with getting off the bike and really no different to being in a car. I also do it for safety and comfort reason
    Once I accidently pressed the lever just before the nozzle was fully inserted and hey presto there was a spray of fuel on the bike. I don't know how I would have reacted if I had that on my privates while still on the bike:eek:
    If I hurt myself or damage the bike, it is my responsibility and I don't like people who act as they know best because their company policy says so.
    However what is important is that if you screw up while sitting on the bike and filling up, can you cause major accident to others around you?

ON the comfort side, getting off the bike and stretching a little is always welcomed :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Same here. I'm not exactly blessed in the leg department. I can get both feet on the floor but only one fully flat, the other slightly raised. I do sometimes fill up sat on the bike but when I do I don't feel entirely in control of the bike. I kinda prefer getting off the bike.

• Like Like x 1