Rear hugger on ABS model

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Brym, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Just a quick update. Honda dealership have fitted the hugger without using any spacers or washers, they are telling me the head technican has been able to do it by moving the ABS cable !, he was not happy with the spacer idea as he thought it might nip or pinch the cable so has come up with another way which he is happy with. He has commented that it was an easy fix once he had worked out what he wanted to do and will be offering to other punters in the future.

If it ever stops pissing down with rain I will go and collect my new bike and take some close up photo's in the hope it will help others that wish to fit a hugger to the ABS model.

Photos will follow in due course.

2. BladeHRC

BladeHRC Active Member

Nice1 FoC! Which dealer was this and did you get the name of the guy who sorted it?

3. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

The dealership is Marshall Honda in Peterborough. I dont know the name guy in the workshop, think it could be David but not sure. However the salesman is called Ady Nightingale. They are a really helpful friendly bunch.
    I have attached a couple of photos showing the re routed abs cable, they are not that clear and i will post some better ones when i get a mo.