Ride Out 06/10/2013 Calling all Northerners!!

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Garyb, Sep 27, 2013.

?

So where do you fancy?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2013.
  1. Hawes

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. WhiteHaven

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. CrossGates

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Well I have put mine away for winter but after reading this thread I think ill meet up with you lot for one last ride on the blade.

2. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

You ride them? :confused:

3. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

Really sorry guys but I won't be making either of these ride outs, binned my bike today and have a lot to sort out. Hope you understand

4. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

It's looking like there may be quite a lot of leaves on the road. It have experience of leafy roads in a car, it didn't end well.

5. Givover

Givover God Like

Just an update GaryB on your thread .looks like two runs are being set one Cheshire /Wales crew and one Lancashire / Yorkshire crew .Up to now for Crossgates confirmed Barney ..Me ..Si ..Tol.. Lee.. Tom.. And maybe a guest appearance from Andy and Rushforth (Kevin) Obviously it would be great for all of us to meet at one spot to meet up for a mass ride out but with Barney at one end and Yorkshire Tyke at the other this maybe a June 2014 situation so for now this is where we are .Not knowing Crossgates would Lee or Barney confirm a meeting point to ride in and then take it from there ( similar to the last one) Gary / Firebloke would love to see you but realise the situation .Comments please from all Ta!

6. Yorkshire Tyke

Yorkshire Tyke Elite Member

See you all next year homies!!!

7. Givover

Givover God Like

Just saw your Trackday thread YT so first of all glad you are ok and still have a smile .No advice sorry as you are having a ball ! See you next year dude .

• Like Like x 1
  8. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

As far as I was aware Giv, Fez is taking the Northern north lads Steve and I are joining in on the CrossGates run with the Cheshire set.
    Unless you don't want us to come ;)

9. Givover

Givover God Like

That's cool Gary had to take a guess as the thread was flatter than a nuns tit .Ok Lymm services you name the time and maybe Si and crew meet us at Chester services x x.

10. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I think there is actually 3 rides lol. I would have loved to go and meet the lincs boys but I think thry are heading around cadwell area so thats a little too far for me at this time of year so a few of us from the north east are having a run upto hartside.

This has been mentioned before but next year I really hope it happens, we organise 1 big meet with an overnight stop. Some where central for everybody.

11. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

I was awaiting the result of the poll before updating first post mate.
    I may be putting the cart before the horse, but it seems the CrossGates run came out on top.
    With that in mind Fez YT have started another thread for the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire and Rich has for the Teesside group.
    It's all worked out well IMO I know due to time of daylight being cut we haven't got the full group meet, but, two more meets and ride outs have come off the back of this one

We will confirm with Kevin where he wants to meet on M6 "probably where i meet Steve?" then perhaps just all meet at the raven, not sure of a route, as you rightly say, similar to last years, just need an ideal time for setting off from Raven, I'll give Si a ring see what time.
    Good turn out too, should make double figures, not sure if Al is coming along yet?

12. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Giv, you lot coming my way? Toll bar shell, or do you want to meet at the raven? Times?

13. Givover

Givover God Like

Ok Tom let Gary set a time up with Si and we will meet at the Shell garage .i will meet up with Gary and crew at Lymm .

14. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

As update on first post. Comments? Feel free...........within reason ;)

15. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

From Whitchurch to Crossgates your looking at an hour and twenty mins , ( maybe longer traffic )
    Not sure if your having breakfast at raven or Crossgates ?
    Have you a route sorted , there are good roads to take after Crossgates ,
    (But you won't do it twice ,) if heading towards mac ,

Just a warning to all on the run , last two times I've done Crossgates ,
    Big right hander , layby on the left , looks like car broken down , bonnet up
    But speed camera in back window , I've seen it twice , you've been warned ,;)

Oh and just one more thing , I will be two up , we will stay at the back of the group ,
    I can't ride two up like you lot do solo , You'll most prob have to wait at times ,
    but if its going to be a problem say now . and we will just do the run to Crossgates
    and head back after breakfast / coffee , .

#75 Barney1, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Can't see a problem Barney my boy, but if you go at the back, where the fcuk am i going to sit :D
    I'll have a look at a map before the event, see if we can sort some roads, something similar to last years was mentioned, we just won't have the frost to contend with this time :)

17. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

If you leave Crossgates head towards Rhayader , you can get to devils bridge easy for dinner time ,
    About 17 miles from aber , then you could drop to mac , corris , Bala , corwen , Chester , ,
    So many options , so little time .

18. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Gary,

Need much more detailed 'be here at this time inc. postcode' to get this sorted properly - also the route as I've been caught out riding miles past 1 point to a start point, only to find myself going past where i just rode an hour before for no good reason.

There are lots of new members who have no idea where place names are and need clear details

Barney - I have no idea where you mean about the car, can you post up a link / map / details etc. as sounds like good chance of running into this so to speak

Cheers All,

Al - the ultimate detail person!

19. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Sorry dad :(

:D

20. Tom68

Tom68 Active Member

Just give Lee the map, I'm sure he can get us lost AGAIN!!

I'll plan to leave home for 9ish, aim to be at the raven for 9.30ish.

Hope the crap weather picks up.