RSV4 is ready

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by shanes, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

For some reason I am not suprised by that...... god knows why :rolleyes:

2. shanes

shanes Active Member

i spent the day at Sentul indonesia

first good day as last time i was there i had a huge off in the first session , so spent some time getting used to the bike ,other fairing still at the paint shop so just running my spare ones . the thing i noticed with the RSV4 first the chassis is awesome the harder you push it the better it responds , the brake stability is very good you can trail the brakes right to the apex , hook up from the V4 is very good loads of feed back and feeling with throttle / tire grip , the last corner was a lot of fun you could spin it up from just after the apex right out onto the straight .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

there was another Aprila there with us as well

[​IMG]

3. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

Looking good Shanes, love the look of it in the 4th picture, sound like you are liking the V4 a bit more now, Enjoy

4. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Looking good shanes, it's so nice to hear about the RSV4 in a good light, I almost bought one for the road, but rumours of engine and gearbox issues pushed me towards the blade, I still might get one but until then I love the blade to bits.

Still loving the leathers, they look very smart :)

5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Amazing, I wish I could spin the back wheel up

What's an apex lol

6. shanes

shanes Active Member

my mate said there was smoke coming off the rear tire through the last corner and it was leaving thick black lines , all good fun apart from the fact it cost 40 dollars to use the track and 400 dollars in tires :-}} i should get another session out of it i hope , i was trying the 200/55 SC2 turn in was a little different , i took a bit of spring off the front to get it to drive more so it turned in the same , grip was better than the 190 but it didn't last as long .

Jamie the RSV4 is a lot of fun to ride it feels like a big 250 GP bike as far as the chassis goes , V4 hooks up really nice but i need a quick action throttle as i had to use my finger tips to take a second bite to get it on the stops . As far as a out of the box track bike it is very hard to beat , it doesn't need much to make it work as fully adjustable .

im thinking some 14/1 pistons and race cams will be next on the list for it :-}}}

7. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

looks like you had a cracking time mate and cheers for sharing. looks warm and dry there. lucky git

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

It's the bit of the corner between 'oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit!" and 'thank you baby Jesus!' Benn.

9. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

$40 dollars for track time, pissin hell how cheap!!!!

10. rm2092

rm2092 New Member

Nice bike, would love to have one as a second bike along with the Repsol...

11. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

Question is . . .

How is the V4 compare to the blade ??

12. shanes

shanes Active Member

thats a bit hard of a comparison to make , may as well compare by bike to a standard blade , the only thing standard on my CBR is the frame everything else has been changed .

The RSV4 Factory is a very very good bike out of the box for a standard bike they are very hard to beat , very good suspension and brakes as standard , fit a pipe and a map and the engine is one of the best around the V4 is very very nice to ride , its feels smaller than the blade and you sit up on top of it , it turns well and with the way it make power hooks up very very well through and out of the corners . My blade revs to 14,300 and makes good power right to the limit , the RSV4 will rev to around 14,000 if you need too, but you can feel it stops making good power or the curve flatteners right out from just over 12,000 .

if i had a standard Blade and the standard RSV4 factory to ride on track , i think i would enjoy the RSV4 more as it feels more like a race bike , but i much rather ride my Blade and a standard RSV4 as that is a real race bike , it just works

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

yep i suppose it was a bit unfair to compare it to a full on race bike, how ever sound like it doesn't come out to bad

Just wish I could the idea out of my head that i really want one, but i cant :confused:

14. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Mate if you can then DO, I would say the RSV4 is an Awsome bike and I'm with you I'd have one if I could, some say the best track bike out the box full stop! I just want one for the sound don't care what it goes like it will be good enough for me I'm no MaxB and IMO it looks stunning, if I were lets say in the market for something like an 1199S I would prob come home with and RSV4 APRC....lol

• Like Like x 3
  15. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

I keep thinking about getting the Aprilia RSV4 for the road. The APRC version is bloody expensive though. I need to test ride one and get it out of my system.

16. shanes

shanes Active Member

for the road why do you need the APRC ? the V 4 has loads of traction and great handling all it needs is a gearing change and a pipe as standard one is so ugly

17. Blade1000man

Blade1000man Member

Same here. It's a shitter ain't it. :rolleyes:
    Trouble is, the blade is so feckin' good at what it does, but doesn't quite stir the soul like an RSV4.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

I gave in and got one, frigging love it, not the best to ride if your just pottering around or commuting also not to great on fuel, thats it's only bad points in my eyes, but if you want something to pull out of the shed every now and then and have some fun on go for it !!

It's so sweet to ride as soon as you start to up the pace it all just clicks, i thought the blade was a nimble thing but V4 is just in a different class and dare i say it more exciting :eek:

Got the ARPC version, launch control is just a joke and i have never used it and probable never will, as for the anti wheely i kind of thought that i would never use that as i do like a bit of one wheel action :), but i have to say its great especially when gassing it hard out of turns with the aid of TC
    quickshifter works great, brakes are great, suspension is ohlins !!

You can also turn off all of the electronics if you like, but why !!, before i got this bike i use to think whats the point in having TC and all the other shit on a road bike but having used it all for a while now and looking at it as rider aids!! it's the way forward !!

• Like Like x 1
  19. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Your the man! Gis a go mister....lol

Pictures..?

Full Akrapovic? ;)

20. Rp1

Rp1 Active Member

lol, can have a go when ever you want to Arthur its here ;)
    Some pics of it from when I got it, http://1000rr.co.uk/other-bikes/6159.htm
    Still standard at the mo, going to look at getting some goodies in the winter months !!