See the sunshine has brought out the idiots again

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by rewy..rr, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Black

Black Active Member

If someone wants to go out with t shirt and flip flops we should support their right to do so. That is what freedom to choose is all about. This is what biking, for me, is all about.
    The fact that they decide to do something we feel carries more risk than we feel is necessary is irrelevant. Cannot argue that injury will be greater in the event of an off but who are we to criticise. We ride bikes and are open to this very same criticism from the majority who think bikes are too dangerous every day.
    As for those who think that a biker who elects not to wear protective gear should be made to pay for NHS treatment, take time to think about what you suggest. Put yourself in a car drivers shoes and someone who does not ride and then apply the same logic. Would you look at a motorcyclist, in full protective gear or not, and think that as they didn't drive a nice safe car then they should be asked to pay more for their NHS treatment? What's next a sliding scale of charges dependent upon peoples life choices........
    I love to see anyone doing anything which pushes the boundaries of what today's society thinks is safe. It embraces what we as humans are. A breed of animal who have evolved to reduce the risks of living but embraces and sometimes idolises the rare renegade who pushes the few boundaries which remain.
    I want to feel just a little bit, like the renegade when I pull my helmet and full leathers on, so I ride my bike and cheer on the people who want to it differently from me.

Ride safe.....whatever way you see it.[emoji4]

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

can not agree with that, sorry :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Black

Black Active Member

And I support your right not to agree with me![emoji4]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

He might like it :D .....some blokes pay to be squished ;)