Sell the Blade?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stevebetts, Aug 19, 2012.

1. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Shes scared because she doesn't understand it,book her in for a surprise days training.You never know she just might love it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

But hers some new shoes or a bag, that should get you through the last few sunny days

• Like Like x 1
  3. rocket

rocket Active Member

just park it up for a while and see how things improve. did she use to come out with you on previous bikes. maybe if she got out with you and got into the biking world, events meets etc might see what it means to you. be a shame to sell as its the fastest model too!;) i must be 1 of the lucky ones as been on bikes before we met and although i have 3 now i could buy another tomorrow and she wouldnt mind as long as the odd holiday and food in cupboards she,s happy. she used to ride pillion until the kids came along and she loves the whole biking thing. as soon as she heard about rossi and yamaha she said i think we should do silverstone again next year. hope you can make it work steve.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

If she wins in the '' get rid of the bike '' battle, then what next.... stop smoking (if you smoke that is), start doing more excercise because you may die early etc etc..... its a no no in my book, you and all of us need our own space and own time. 2000 miles in 9 months is just fine for someone who does not ride every day/ all year round, its a lot more than most fair weather riders cover...... i can only say what i feel, and for me, i would not get rid of the bike.... its the thin end of the wedge.

Since i changed jobs and work shifts i now use a car more than the bike to get to work, i will be covering less miles than you and will be using my bike to get to work on the '' nice '' days, but i will never give up owning a bike, i absolutely love the days when i am on it.... only health reasons (ie old age) will have me giving it up. End of.... and yes my wife also does not like me riding, tough, we are all individuals and need to live our own lives.

#24 Hudson, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Many of us here know from experience what a great team Steve and Karen are and what they go through on a day to day basis to strengthen and consolidate their brilliant family. So I'm certain that between them they'll sort out their little misunderstanding, come to a mutually beneficial compromise and then probably have some great make up sex. I don't know, I haven't got a clue what I'm taliking about, but I am confident they'll sort it without our sage advice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the comments boys and girls.
    It was a particularly bad day when this happened and NO im not going to get rid of the bike.
    As Ken says, we all have bad days and we will get over it.
    Going to Poland for two days puts things into perspective a bit (especially with that Vodka!).
    We will overcome!

7. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Im too late, but no ! lol

8. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

I am exactly the same in my marriage !!!!!! Its going to be marriage breaker before long too I reckon. ( for me - not you lol )

9. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

From personal experience I highly recommend trying counselling such as 'relate'.

I fought going to it for a long time when myself and the wife were going through a proper rough time. I am under no illusions that if we hadn't have taken this step then we would be divorced now.

Admittedly it won't work for some people but it's led to long term contentedness in out relationship and some very happy times with far less arguments and unhappy times.

10. Swiss T

Swiss T Active Member

Fcuk me Rob!

You are right my friend; life is too dam short!

:)