smart phones in cold temperatures

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bonjo, Feb 5, 2016.

1. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the back of the phone. There's generally a lift-off cover that gives access to battery and SIM card.:D:D:D

2. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Are you listening Apple? :):):)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

I have yet to see a smart phone with a user replaceable battery!:rolleyes: more money for the manufacturer

I used a company called lovefone. not the cheapest (still 1/2 price c.f apple) but with one year warranty.

the phone is now as I expected it to be from day one and no longer a worry in colder weather. I am a happy bunny:)

4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Is that a sister company of Lovehoney? They also give a one-year warranty and have some very happy rabbits - er, bunnies:).

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

My iPhone 6s had a new battery about a year ago along with a screen. It now gets down to around 65% and starts going silly then it’ll switch itself off and when restarted with the charger up it’s arse it’ll come back on eventually showing around 10%.
    It’s driving me fucking nuts! If your in a FaceTime call you can’t even shut off the call and the response from the camera is delayed by about 6 secs!!!! Gotta get another one fitted!

6. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

New battery fitted yesterday, £30......I'll report back!

7. bonjo

bonjo Active Member

if you have IOS12 (maybe 11) you have a battery health check feature to show you the state of it . On my 5, I could not go to 11 or above.
    What is strange is that apple charged £80 to iphone 5 battery but almost 1/2 for 6+!
    Low battery alert never popped up during facetime on my 5 which was frustrating. Not sure IOS 11+ has got round this problem.

In my case when the phone died in low temp, I could warm it up and suddenly get 40% charge.

where did you go for your battery change?

8. exuptoy

exuptoy Elite Member

Local Asian guy in our high street. He replaced the screen about a year ago for £50 after the previous screen I'd had fitted elsewhere was doing all silly things on its own. Seems like the cheap screen was struggling with the force touch thing. Phone is superb again now. Been using it today, taken off charge around 8:30 this morning and still 36% left and more importantly it does not do stupid things and turn off at 50%!!!
    Battery health meter thing shows 100% even at 36% so I know it's a good battery. The guy said the old one was all swollen.