Sorry another track bike build

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by jamesm09, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Just read all this didn't realise you were tracking /racing your blade:D bet you can't wait ,and that moment when your on the start line and your heart is pumping is better than drugs.:D

You have certainly chose a very very fast technical track with Snett for your first race :eek:take your time to learn it on your trackday there as there is a lot to catch you out.:D

Oh and bring a large set of balls.:D.

• Like Like x 2
  2. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Yeah I know I'm throwing myself in the deep end with this ain't I. But I didn't realise Snetterton was that technical. That's the plan with the trackday though, try and learn it and get as much track time as possible.

The original plan was to get an R6 or CBR 6. But I in was in the process of stripping it back to standard. I took the quickshifter off and thought fuck it I'll track the blade :D I couldn't resist.

Does each race meet have a practice day on the Friday?

I'll need a fucking HUGE set of balls...............eBay?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Not sure they can be bought dude they need to be earned!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Thats what I'm afraid of :D

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

Ul be fine. Just enjoy it. Don't worry about speed it will come. Keep to that and ul go faster than thinkin bout it too much.
    I have been brands a few times now still slow round there. Took to snet straight away so u never no and I didn't think cadders was hard but my mate tells me it's the hardest to ride. So who knows ride it and see how I take to it

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jase

Jase Elite Member

All race meets have a test day and if you can do it I missed the test day at Silverstone (think it was Silverstone) and I said never again if I can help it as it does bring you up to race pace unlike a trackday as your in with the other racers .I was straight in to QF on the Saturday and you are on catchup then with getting up to pace IMO

Snett really does have it all and it's one Trackday where you will be aching the day after especially after the Bomb Hole corner .:eek:

That's why Jimbo did so well at Snett as he's madder than mad Matt:D

You will be fine nothing like jumping in the deepend.:D

#46 Jase, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Cheers Scot. The tracks I can't really get on with are Cadwell and Oulton. I love donington, silverstone and Mallory. Never been to brands, Anglesey and Snetterton. No Limits don't go to Mallory so I'm going to join EMRA. But I'll get the first race out the way at Snetterton and take it from there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. racman

racman Active Member

[Have they stopped using mallory then, cos i was there with no limits 2014QUOTE=jamesm09;340649]Cheers Scot. The tracks I can't really get on with are Cadwell and Oulton. I love donington, silverstone and Mallory. Never been to brands, Anglesey and Snetterton. No Limits don't go to Mallory so I'm going to join EMRA. But I'll get the first race out the way at Snetterton and take it from there.[/QUOTE]

9. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

No not this year :(

10. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

That's good then because I've booked all the Fridays off work today. More track time the better!

I've up the fitness regime so I'll be bike fit..ish. I've dropped down to 73.5kg. Can you run the track in the morning ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Just check with NL that there all on the Friday this year as there was a race meet at Donny last year where they had to do the test Day on the Thursday as there was a car trackday on the Friday which would of been a pain in the arse as you had to pack away on the Thursday night to then either move to the holding area or go home then move back to the paddock on the Saturday for racing.

Thinking about it now this was the race meet me and Jimbo missed the test day as it was on the Thursday not Silverstone so didn't want to go home to come back again.

#51 Jase, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  12. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

I can change the dates easily with work so shouldnt be problem.

13. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Those were the days!

I have been 30kgs up on that figure last year but have lost a bit recently ready to catch Mat up! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jase

Jase Elite Member

When's your first trackday J:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Is it all downhill from 25 jay? :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Scott

Scott Active Member

I never do a test day

17. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Jay, goin for a dump does not really count as weight loss! :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Im going to be coming in at around 80kg fully race fit, but only a few years ago i was well over 100kgs...

19. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Might do the 18th also as long as it's not looking like Snow or having an Icy night before. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. jamesm09

jamesm09 Senior Member

Bit of an update

Got the forks and shock back and from being serviced, ohlins springs in the forks and new valves. I got told that when they stripped the forks the oil was like engine/gearbox oil! And the shock was in a state aswell :eek: so all good as new. I can't believe how clean the parts are, like new. Happy with the customer service from Parkitt.
    image.jpg

So now I've got them back the big clean up begins :( Cleaning the back of the engine/swingarm area and I came across this stamped on- 3BR 223
    image.jpg
    Any ideas?

Next on the list is rearsets. I don't want to spend stupid money on a set because I'm going to crash them so what would you recommend? Has anyone bought the cheaper ones from china? I've found SES do a reasonably priced set at about £250. Plus I'm guessing they sell spare parts for them aswell. I couldn't see any on the website.

Slowing getting there with the big to-do list.

#60 jamesm09, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    • Like Like x 1