sp 2014 price confirned

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by graemewalker, Nov 23, 2013.

1. foenix

foenix Active Member

Oh yeah for BST wheel ! And a full system with a Quick shifter .

it's a shame for Honda for the quick shifter !!!!!!!

2. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

I will rather spend 16.700 GBP for the HP4 instead for an updated 15600 GBP Fireblade.

3. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

The BMW I have no doubt would be a great bike, but I couldn't deal with the aysymetrical styling.
    The OCD would kick fook out of me looking at it for any length of time.

• Like Like x 4
  4. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep same here bmw's wonky headlight would do my head in after about 30 secs!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonnymac

Jonnymac Active Member

I'll leave it alone too if I get a taz on it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. navvy10

navvy10 Well-Known Member

Probably seen this and been posted up already but I haven't and I liked it, well apart from the standard exhaust....

7. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

Well done Graeme for being one of the first to get your order in.

The SP is getting loads of attentions and lots of praise at the show

There are only 150 being produced for the UK and that means on average 2 per dealer.

There is a massive amount of interest and the orders are being taken already and Im sure they will be sold out soon.

The 'standard' 2014 bike (with changes to riding position, cyl head work, inlet and exhaust header changes, double bubble screen and new colours) comes in at the same 'retail' price of £11999 as the 2013 model so the extra £3k for the 2014 SP with the extra kit and further engine bueprinting is 'relatively' a bargain. What price exclusivity?

#87 Beckers, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hudson

Hudson Active Member

As with most 'specials' if you limit the amount you produce then the price will always stay high simply due to the old rule of supply and demand, but unlike some specials that are just not that nice, this one is, and will look good in years to come with the added exclusivity that ordinary blades can only hope to have, but never will have.

• Like Like x 2
  9. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

just an update my dealer is getting 2 1 abs and one non abs i have choosen the non abs i have some bits for sale off my other blade if anyone interested

10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Good call on non ABS IMO ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. graemewalker

jamie its better in the flesh than in photo was at birmingham yesterday clive padgett is taking ten so i was told

12. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

I bet its lush I love it mate and its a bargain in my eyes, something special !

13. Beckers

Beckers Elite Member

Thats not correct buddy, just two per dealer for retail sale

• Like Like x 1
  14. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

The dreaded green book....

Came out yesterday as I found out how much I would get for mine if I chopped it in against a new non-cabs fireblade SP. £7300 book or £7800 with all my bits left on it. That means by the time my outstanding finance is settled I would be starting from scratch on the SP and at 15k it's just not going to happen.......bugger.

When a dealer gives you the book price your next words should be "are you taking the piss or what"

• Like Like x 1
  15. graemewalker

yes he is taking them for the race team

16. stuart_g

stuart_g Active Member

Excuse my ignorance but am I missing something here?

I had a look at this at the show and it doesn't look any diiferent to a standard bike, I was a bit disappointed when I saw it.
    Yes it has Ohlins suspension front and rear and brembo brakes but that was the only real money value difference I could see.
    Someone has also taken a Dremel to the rear subframe. The wheels are the same but painted gold.
    This isn't a true 'SP' as they have a complete one piece seat unit, this one just has a different shaped removable seat unit which we will all be buying as it looks a lot better than the normal.
    Still I suppose the extra they are charging over the standard is probably worth it if you factor in what the Ohlins and brake calipers would cost to buy seperately.
    I hope the Ohlins works well on the road as the standard suspension is stiff enough.

Are there any engine mods?

17. navvy10

The wheels are a lightweight version on the 2012/13 wheels, the riding position has changed, the handlebars etc but agreed all same as 2014 model but as Honda said all the mods on the SP have been developed on the bike not just bolted on which they think makes the real difference....

18. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

you sur the wheels are a light weight version? did see that in any of the blurb... also why would a race team buy it? they change everything which makes it a sp anyway! cant see them running that ohlins setup they will swap it for the race kit.. unless its production racing...

19. navvy10

That's what the Honda guy said to me, Dave and Jimbo at the stand on Saturday. The wheels are lighter than the standard 2013 blades....

20. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

Superstock mate I'm guessing. Pretty sure You can't change the shocks or calipers... But if they are on as stock. Happy days lol

• Like Like x 2