SP1 Project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ColinBR, Sep 23, 2012.

1. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

I gotta chime in and say it was all Colin's fault the solenoid issue made an appearance! Although gotta add it was a pretty good feeling when the cogs in the old noggin aligned to pick out the fault! Colin even said I made an involuntary gasp for air before goin 'Ahhhh bet it that’s bugger there!'

But after getting everything buttoned back she up does sound and look really really good!!! Can’t wait to see what a difference all the work we have carried out over the winter makes to the bikes ride ability, the bike also took some help from the NHS and has now quit smoking which should give her a few extra years of life! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. raphael

raphael Elite Member

stunning!! after that amount of work and a bike which looks as good as that i would be riding that every day of the week

• Like Like x 1
  3. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Very jealous Colin.

Well done to you both on a grand job :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Enjoyed catching up on the thread Colin the bike looks stunning.

What cartridge kit are you considering for the forks out of interest ?

5. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Hello Arthur

Read the above with great interest as I have been trying to source the underslung Brembo rear brake for my SP2 for over a year now, even considered getting one made up as no where seems to stock the kits anymore and I have tried everywhere from UK to Japan to America with zero success. Do you know where I can get one ????

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Stunning bike, all that time and effort has paid off, I have always been a massive fan of the SP1 and that is a beauty !!

Glad you got the ticking noise sorted ;) you surly can't sell her now ! She is part of the family !!

7. bubba

bubba Member

looks cracking that mate, them gold wheels look sweet against the red:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

It's the FG Gubellini Front Suspension Valves that I'm considering mate. I've been put onto them from another SP1 owner.

• Like Like x 1
  9. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Here is the front kit (just for interest), this ones 108mm but you would be better getting one that is 100mm for Euro... Brembo's then you can run any KTM,DUC,APR,BMW caliper. 4 Pad Brembo's in 100mm can be got for 100.00 inc pads! (lots of ax to radial conv kits on eBay)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-06-RC5...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac2089586

Rear mount takes any 84mm Brembo OEM or HPK caliper, note they run VERY close to the OEM wheel hub, better with after market wheels but my customer has one with OEM Brembo caliper and OEM RC51 wheel no problem even though many say not poss!

SP30.VTSP.111-supporto pinza posteriore
    Mount

Brembo Rear Caliper including Brake Pads. Gold. New | eBay
    Caliper

The mount shown is used by many but not the one my man got, if you need more info PM me and I will find out where he got his and give you details of any problems.. I know his came with a hose but imo was too long, for a HEL line just call Hel Performance UK with spec and they will make one up, or again I am a Hel UK dealer so can supply one...

Note: this chap norm has front kits and rears
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-RC51-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac208919a
    Check his other items, im 99% sure this is where my man got his kit... p.s he has just got the front kit too! :D
    See :)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-06-RC51-...-Caliper-Bracket-Adapter-Hanger-/221180242417

Sorry to invade your thread Colin :)

#189 arthurbikemad, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Si.

Si. God Like

Lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

No need to say sorry mate.

It's my wallet that will be feeling sorry if I eye these up any more. I'll probably leave these till winter this year to get done, but at least I know who to speak to when I want them done.

Thanks for the info mate it's appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  12. arthurbikemad

No prob, will collect some info and pics for you all...you know...for when it plays on your mind some more....lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Oh yeh like I need any more convincing Arthur Lol

14. arthurbikemad

Haha, you love it.....lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. arthurbikemad

Inbox full mate...

for some reason I can't find the kits from Probolt as my iPads having problems with cookies, anyway here is the spec page..

Pro-Bolt Stainless Steel Disc Bolt Honda Front
    Single bolt price is nuts, kits are cheaper, I can do 10% on large orders not worth me doing on small orders as postage kills it...

I love probolt just not the price, we use any bolt of the same spec no problem, or I use the race spec m6 bolts too as do many BSB teams the head size is no problem. I'd guess you could run any other spec bolt too no prob, but if you want Honda style OEM large dome head then Probolt is best bet..

• Like Like x 1
  16. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I have new stainless button head bolts here so I think I may try these to see how they look on the rotors. The Oe bolts basically have a M8 button head attached to a M6 thread. I've noticed this quite a lot on Honda bolts ;) Fly fookers

• Like Like x 1
  17. arthurbikemad

Yep, that's them, I run Ti m6 race spec bolts no prob, mainly as stock bolts are no use for my setup... many teams run the same...

You could always use them in your next project too...if you get my drift...lol

18. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Yup I'm up to speed ;)

19. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

Brilliant info, thanks very much it is really appreciated, as mentioned previously been trying to get this part for ages. No rear brackets currently listed so emailed the guy. Will post pics when I get it. Cheers again.

20. BladeRR8

BladeRR8 Active Member

No experience of this item so can't comment but sure it will be good especially if you have already had a first hand recommendation. If your interested in other options I can thoroughly recommend a revalve by Reactive suspension at York, totally transformed the front end. Gareth knows the fork and its short falls very well. They need longer spacers making and installing to get correct pre-load. Have a chat with him he really knows the fork and will talior the revalve to solve what ever handling problem your experiencing rather than just bolt something generic in. I was considering an Ohlins 20 mm fork piston kit but Gareth told me I would be wasting my money as the standard position is dimensionally virtually identical to the Ohlins item. Another option that might interest you is Ohlins have just commissioned a limited run of full cartridges and I know there available via kyle USA but your looking a 1000 plus compared to the 230 I paid Gareth to service and revalve the front fork which genuinely transformed the front and I would recommend highly.

Hope the info is useful.

#200 BladeRR8, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1