Sport " cough " football on tv

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Your right Flathead and just think if you would have had LS right from game one .I think you may have took it .
    Always next season like you say but Liverpool must hold onto the best players and build from there.

2. Flathead

Flathead Active Member

Maybe Givover but we'll never know unfortunately.
    Agreed. Brendan knows what areas need strengthening (I think we all do!!!) so we need to buy wisely in the summer. If we do and we continue to improve then hopefully our better players will stay but even if we do that still may not be enough if the big Spanish and Italian giants come calling.

Enjoy your celebrations and have a drink for me will ya?

3. madmac

madmac Well-Known Member

Yeah congrats to Man City - but we took it down to the wire which made it more exciting for everyone. We'll be back next season (maybe with Lallana if the rumours are correct?). #LFC #WeGoAgain

4. Givover

Givover God Like

Most kind and glad you enjoyed the banter .

5. Wozza

Wozza Elite Member

We'll done to City,really proud of Saints season we played football the right way on the deck and a joy to watch.
    Great to see lambert score again today deserves a trip to Brazil.
    As for the so called top clubs taking our best players have em you want to see the kids coming through!
    Southampton FC developing English talent.
    Luke Shaw the best full back in Europe!

6. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Sad to see that there was no decision to mark the 29th anniversary of the Bradford City football stadium fire. Coming on the tail of the FA plan for the B team league it does rankle that League teams are not shown much regard within the upper echelons of Football.

7. Flathead

Flathead Active Member

Absolutely. Always happy to discuss football matters with like minded people. Can't beat a bit of friendly banter.

Lets join forces now and cheer on the England team at the World Cup. You're gonna tell me your Scottish now aren't you? :eek:

8. Givover

Givover God Like

Update from last night. image.jpg

9. Flathead

Flathead Active Member

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

"Hello. Hello. Is that the Priory? I need to make another appointment ........................!!!!

10. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Can you believe these tools, earning millions and millions a year, and just because the owners did not sing Happy Birthday Yaya and stroke his over inflated ego, he is having a sissy fit and threatening to take his ball home.

Come and live in the real world matey where real men and women exist, you know the world where those people who work 40,50,60 hours a week, travel the length and breadth of this country to watch you, who earn less money per year than you earn a day, and ultimately pay your wages you cock.

BBC Sport - Yaya Toure: Manchester City midfielder fuels exit talk

• Like Like x 1
  11. sinewave

sinewave God Like

It's just his Agent 'stirring' IMHO to drum up some more business and a nice little percentage for himself!

Parasites these Agents, all of em!

12. Givover

Givover God Like

Poor Southhampton the scousers are looting the place . image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Givover

Givover God Like

Ha ha ! Guess who is replacing Alan Hansen as football pundit on BBC Match of the day ?
    I will give you a clue ....World Cup and borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring!

14. M3NTALIST

M3NTALIST New Member

Yeah was a boring tw4t at the World Cup and now he's going to bore us on a weekly basis:(, will defo make MOTD a little harder watch and I'm sure the BBC will get plenty of people wanting him gone...hopefully.

Andy B

15. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Well 7 games into the season and no banter.

I was expected a deserved 10 tons of crap from JV after game 1 and nothing arrived....very disappointed.

So I will kick it off, what do we know after 20% of the season has unfolded?

Nothing much changes at the top, just the positions

Chelski, the only team that looks like they will beat them to the title is themselves....keep Señor Costa fit and his hamstrings supple and he must score 30+ goals and fire them to the title.

Citeh will be the bridesmaids....they are looking like an ageing bunch of rockers who can still do a good gig in the PL, but as soon as they get on the big stage they get rumbled.

Arsenal.....same old, same old.......pretty triangles but still searching for their own Señor Costa, spending ever bizarre amounts of money in an attempt to do so, and in the process Wenger is having to use more and more Grecian 2000....3rd.

Manks, poor start in a system they did not understand, Moysee must have been wetting himself...still many issues with player quality though...5th at best

Liverpool...........losing 1 S was a big issue, but losing a second S through injury is componding the problems, coupled with a suspect shot stopper and a so so back 4, Europa league at best.

Joining the top 4? Sneaking feeling the Pooch will get the job done at the Lane, sticking my fingers down my throat at this prediction, but 4th for the Hotspuds

The bottom 3 , tough one that.....feel for Burnley, they have not made a fast start some new entrants make and thats hard....desperately need a little run to start from next Saturday :D

QPR....Harrys twitch will be out of control soon, and Tony Fernandes ability as a businessman does not appear to extend to purchasing sporting entities.

I think last seasons great escape will not be repeated and Palace will be in the mix again.

Newcastle...surely too much quality...but with a second rate manager and a third class owner the long suffering Toon Army might be sweating all over again, quality support rewarded by lack lustre generals.

The rest? well as usual they will be fighting to not fall into the relegation dogfight and end up in a nice safe mid table finish so they can sit back at the top table again next season and play with the gravy train, whilst their employees on the playing side and their employees agents get fatter and fatter by the day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

hahaha great summary and probably not too far off! want to tell me the results for today as well :D

17. sinewave

sinewave God Like

Oh look!

Another 3 points and a Hat Trick from the Premier Leagues best player!

[​IMG]

18. Givover

Givover God Like

Just got to by- Pass the cough other blues and it's game over especially as Liverpool have rolled over already .:) image.jpg

19. Givover

Givover God Like

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2