STOLEN please keep your eyes open

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by thezipsteruk, Jan 31, 2016.

1. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

It's easy saying when the horse has bolted but I have no doubt if it had bike trac on it would have been back with him with in the hour

2. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

Utter scum!
    Will keep eyes peeled mate, good luck on the recovery

3. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

So sorry to read this Zippy absolute scum really feel for you as unfortunatly insurance will take the piss and wack up your premiums. Why do people think they can take other people's property, joke is they will get a slap on the wrist if caught when if you get two years in prison for speeding!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lambchops

lambchops Elite Member

So sorry to read this Zippy absolute scum really feel for you as unfortunatly insurance will take the piss and wack up your premiums. Why do people think they can take other people's property, joke is they will get a slap on the wrist if caught when if you get two years in prison for speeding!

5. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Gutted for you mate.
    The worst thing is if they're caught they'll probably get fined less than the increase in your insurance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

your probably right i know, but i really pushed our finances to the limit by buying this bike (stupid maybe).
    I added data tag and a roadlock as well as a cover tracker was a cost too far....wrongly maybe.
    If you have got the money I would recommend one...thats unless you don't like your bike of course??

• Like Like x 1
  7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Thought I'd log in quick to say gutted mate, I've posted up where I can..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

nightmare.. just what we all dread happening. hope your lucky enought to get it back :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Couldn't believe it when I saw this on twitter. Really hope you get it back, but head says the tossers will probably have it stripped or in an iso for shipping by now :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. RR_mike

RR_mike New Member

That sucks big time, bastards hey. Best of luck hope they get caught.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Gutted for you, Don't know what else to say, awful news.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Dave

Dave Member

Feel your pain mate, must say i find it astonishing that some people on here think the police may trace it and thieves prosecuted, some folks live in a fantasy world:(

13. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

Not really astonishing. According to bike trac 100 bikes are stolen every day, 40% are not seen again so that means 60% are seen again.
    Hopefully the OP's bike will be one of the 60%.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Abb

Abb Active Member

Gutted for you bud. Have shared it up north as you never know where it will turn up!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. thezipsteruk

Thanks people, I'm so pisssed off and low at present. Just when you find another blade you love and start to add little bits to make it fit you some tossers think they are able to just take it from you. Got to wait 14 days apparently till Insurance will tell me how much they are going to insult me with (oh plus £750 excess of course). I just can't see how Ill afford another blade again with the finance outstanding too.
    No point dwelling on that for now tho and I appreciate everyone thats help spread the word.
    Thank you

16. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

So so gutted for you dude, sucks that mate big time. Hope it pans out best it can fella :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. blake7

blake7 Active Member

Wait for the insurance company to come back with a price. DON'T accept the first price they offer IF you are not happy with it.

Start looking around for adverts for bikes that are the same as yours, same condition, mileage and at a price similar to what yours is/was worth. Print them out and copy links to the adverts so you can show the insurance company what your bike is worth.

for example

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ge=1&postcode=NG15 6TS&sort=default&logcode=p

A year newer than yours but it gives you an idea

18. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Zippy mate, sorry to read this, know exactly the anger your feeling, the worst part is the helplessness of not being able to do anything about it.

Just hope there is some justice in this world and the f**kers take a wrong turn and die a painful slow death.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dave

Dave Member

Just on a side note i have noticed as many of you may have, there are lots of motorcycle and expensive car parts advertised for sale with the sellers based in Lithuania, Romania, Bulgaria etc:eek:. Places where the average wage is not particularly high so makes you wonder where these items have originated from:rolleyes:. No disrespect to our European neighbours intended of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thezipsteruk

Lets help each other ultimately by not buying any of this stuff!
    If its not stolen fair enough but my money is on stolen bikes being shipped abroad. so lets take away the market and therefore the need for them to steal our bikes.
    We are all going to get penalised by our insurance companies next year due to the massive increase in bike theft.
    Yet again we are screwed over by these Effin vermin. I am so pissed off and depressed other this situation at present.

• Agree Agree x 2