Stopped by the law

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stevebetts, Jul 22, 2012.

1. gRRandeelion

gRRandeelion Active Member

I apologize if I caused offence with what was intended as a throw away comment!

2. douthers

douthers Active Member

A really balanced view. Having spent three and a half years on roads policing I can absolutely confirm that it's not the message that is delivered, it's the way it is delivered that makes the difference. Traffic stops seem to stir more emotion than many others. Communication is key though and, although you may not be the first person someone wants to see during their day, I can guarantee that if you learn how to speak to people the chances are that they will probably feel it was a positive event.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrB

MrB God Like

I've often found it to be the other way round. Traffic can be reasonable where normal Police get all jumped up.

#23 MrB, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  4. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

I have been pulled only once by traffic police on the bike..as soon as I saw that coppers face I knew I was in for it, i think they were just having a bad morning...i was not speeding at all, not making noise..they saw me coming and stopped me..

They were just generally pissed, and we're handing out fines nilly willy..they had me stopped for 40mins! Doing checks - in the end I had I think £180 worth of fines - including small plate, r&g white number plate light, no tax displayed (it was in my other jacket pocket) and one other I can't remember.

3 guys were pulling cars and bikes that looked out of place..so car with after market alloy wheels, kitted out cars, old bangers..

5. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

I have been stopped a few times and have found without exception the traffic cops to be totally arrogant bordering aggressive, the 'normal' plod far more pleasant. I was pulled for riding suspiciously at 3pm whilst waiting to pull out of my estate on to main road on a Vespa (FFs). He turned in to my road, wound his Volvo window down told me to park on the path he parked blocking the junction! There was no good afternoon or anything just a march across the road asking me where I was going, I refused to tell him as I was doing nothing wrong, he then went thru all the normal q's, my friend who is a cop drove by and told traffic cop I was ok it was my bike etc... Still sat there for ages, all for riding 'suspiciously' he seemed disappointed everything was legal! What really wound him up the most was my refusal to remove my helmet. Only did this cos of his attitude!!

6. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Dead true johnny, local plod over traffic any day for me!

7. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Oh and my dad is retired police officer, I have friends in the police, but only twice have I been stopped for speeding the rest were for either a routine check and the episode previously told.

8. KRL

KRL Active Member

Emotive topic, police are always good for a slagging, but I bet everybody in all other jobs are just perfect eh?

Police are only human, like everybody else (even the Traffic):eek:

9. phantom

phantom Active Member

yes but some of them have an ego problem,
    worked in police stations for years and found this
    out for myself.