Suspension

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by exfire, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Nutty Tart

Nutty Tart Well-Known Member

Just a slight shift in direction here .... but last year I had the front and rear changed at the same time to BT016 ... then at Snetterton the other week had a set of Dunlop Sportsmarts fitted . (mileage on the 016's was less than 3000)

The point I'm coming to is that both tyres were borderline road legal with the edges as badly worn as the middle . On other bikes I have had I would get 2 rears to 1 front .

Do you think my suspension settings are off for the front to be nackered at the same time as my rear .

PS. this is not the most powerfull bike I have owned .

2. Pitty

Pitty Active Member

I believe it could be the suspension that's at fault? I know that my suspension front and rear were VERY much in need of a service as I've already mentioned, here's a pic of my front tyre after a track day at Rockingham just before I had the suspension done (my guess is this wouldn't have outlasted the rear tyre if I'd carried on like this either).
    005.jpg
    I'm pleased to say that it's smoothed out again now

3. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

Wow thats been HOT, heat is norm down to low psi that with poor rebound (or alike) can eat up tyres in no time..! Poor rebound norm shows up with small lips that form around the rear of the tread. Take in mind I am no expert so just offer my thoughts as said here in this thread the experts are in a class of there own. As for Nuttys tyre problem its not un common for Bridgestones to scrub out fronts faster than rears. All the fast riders and club racers I know are always telling me the BT's grip grip grip and then let go so most stay away from them on track you guys may well hear and say otherwise. As for your suss Nutty I think tbh the problem is the ever changing environment makes it hard to point point whats what over long periods of time, what with road temp, air temp, pressure changes and other factors I think you'd be hard pushed to say do this or that. A cop out answer...lol