That's the end of it

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by flatstickHRC, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Devil

Devil Active Member

Hi ya pal, shit man im really sorry to read what happened to you mate, I am glad to be reading about it in this way and not in what could have been a way we all would prefer to avoid. Think that sounds right!! Mate I hope you have a speedy recovery, don't rush it and let the healing come naturally bud and most of all good luck with your future little one on the way, you'll be an awesome father im sure, and it takes a good man to own up to know what he loves the most has to go to realise that the important things in life aren't those that we love the most they are the things we live for and that's, in your case you're family mate.

Incase your interested to put a crease on your face I gave hell to a driver today who thought it would be a good idea to be on his phone and not look when he changed lanes and nearly put me into the curb, it was pretty close. Im pretty sure he wont be using that phone for some time again around bikers though, not knowing if any of them dark visored 2 wheeled riders are going to shock the shit out of him again like I did.

Keep smiling pal, we've got your back out there! Let us know when the little one is here... :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. masher66

masher66 Active Member

Fs what the hell !!

Where was this at mate ?

I've been through it tbh tib n fib to both legs (right leg was a bi-malleolar fracture and needed multi plates and screws), wrist, 3fingers, 2 ribs - so I'll give you three years and you'll be back...I swore never again, but if it's in your blood it's in there...get well soon mate !

• Like Like x 2
  3. flatstickHRC

flatstickHRC Active Member

It was on that road I took you down the other week. About 1/2 mile further on from the 'shoulder' bit.

Car pulled out without looking and I went right over the top of him. The driver admitted causing it though and witnesses agreed which is one thing I guess.

The bikes been written off and I have got my settlement figure which I was pleased with so just waiting for the cheque.

Off work for 3 months or so which is t ideal at all. Really p!seed off at the moment. Can't even take the dog for a walk. All the things I enjoyed doing have been taken away from me for the time being at least.

Bought my new car on Friday to cheer myself up. Went for a Brand new White mk6 golf gti. The garage is holding it back for me until I get stitches out so I can drive it away.

4. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

oh Nice car mate .. you deserve that pal.. You will get loss of earnings added to your compensation so at least there is light at the end of the recovery tunnel , Get some pics up of the Golf when you can mate