The New Weapon.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CastrolCraig, Mar 22, 2012.

1. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Im back!!!!

Day goes something like this...

Turn up late, rush around, few last minute adjustments & checks, noise test, 112 DB, oops, 2nd time, 110, bollix, 3rd time, 109...oh dear.

Only baffle i have is for a normal short circuit micron can not the mersey tunnel sized roads spec one i have, so a lashing of gaffer tape around the baffle and wedge & tape it in, 93db...wtf!!

First session, tentative sighting laps, Green flag, open her up, forgot it was road shift not race, ops, hence a blade SCREAMING its tits off and the slipper clutch doing its job lol.

Next lap, out of barn, onto start finish, right lets give it 75% throttle, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK WHO TURNED ON THE WARP DRIVE

This thing has soooooooooooo much drive, even with the wrong gearing its absolutely nuts, barnstorming fast, then the other side of it, hard on the brakes HOLY SHIT CAN I HAVE MY ORGANS BACK PLEASE!!

On the 2 sighting laps i was wondering if they needed bleeding, oh no, they just need to get warm, then stop the world i want to get off style braking, i mean sheer mindbending braking going on.

Much the same for this morning, nipping in during sessions to make suspension adjustments here & there, The Bitubo Closed Cartridge kit is the nicest kit ive ever ridden on, very similar to the Ktec stuff but felt much more controlled & smooth in the last 3rd of the stroke, and much easier to set up than the ohlins, the Showa rear is simply astonishing, it dropped off towards the end of the day and was getting hot so is going to Ktec tomorrow for a service.

Afternoon 2 sessions where when i planned to start upping the pace, but the rear tyre is absolutely shot, its the pirelli that came with the bike so i expected it, a fresh set of Pirelli superbike slicks will be going on for April 9th, i still managed a 1'45.8, which is only a second or so from my best round there, so to say im chuffed is an understatement!

No pics yet, they wont be up for a couple of days!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

And that post has just got me searching for track bikes. never done 1 and would not risk taking the blade but its something i really want to get into. glad you had a fantastic day, i love cadwell one of my favourite tracks to watch bsb

3. CastrolCraig

DO IT DO IT DO IT seriously you wont regret it, its brilliant.

4. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I really want to. My wife goes back to work in september so i doubt it will be untill then but after that i see me saving up hard over winter and i will try to by 1 early next year. think i would prefer a 600 as a first track bike as i dont think i could handle a 1000 on a track without a little experience

5. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

Get an old steelie 600f to start, Awesome bike, Reliable, Easy to ride and you should be able to pick up a decent track ready with wets on wheels bike for under £1500

6. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

I had 2 1999 cbr 600f's. They would be top of my list as i have ridden them for nearly 3 years

7. Speedytwin

Speedytwin Active Member

Good to here you had a good day Craig.
    I was looking around for a track bike before I converted the SP1 and saw that monster.
    Best of luck with it buddy.

8. shanes

shanes Active Member

9. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

10. shanes

shanes Active Member

11. CastrolCraig

So, wee update on this.
    This weekend i have mainly been fitting goodies, namely an HRC Quick action throttle kit, PC3, some new bellmouths, Tomorrow im off over to cadwell to pick up some fresh sprockets and some tyres from racespares mike, then monday 8.30am im over to gunsters in grimsby for some dyno time, get it set up then im good to roll at cadwell on bank holiday monday and possibly even the saturday before.

12. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Just out of interest how come a bike with this spec and history did not already have a power commander fitted ?

13. CastrolCraig

It did, but the previous owner removed it as it was faulty, he sent it back so i bought a new one, i could have run it on the HRC ecu but in terms of fuelling alone the PC3 is a more efficient unit.

14. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

That makes sense. just had me confused haha

15. CastrolCraig

Wee little update on this....Bladerosa is currently sat on its stands in the Garage with no wheels, ive got shot of my standard wheels i bought for wets and swapped them for another set of 16.5's, PVM Y7's to be precise, front fits in fine, but the rear is 2 cm narrower and spaced for a standard swingarm and not the uber wide factory swingarm on mine, im having to measure up & have custom bearings & spacers made, im hoping it will all be back together back end of next week so i can start getting out there again, ive also taken the oppurtunity to have the engine given the once over and the rear shock serviced at KTEC, engine back tomorrow and shock should be with me anytime today.

16. CastrolCraig

All back together and going for a feck around at Cadwell Tues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. mihai popescu

mihai popescu New Member

very old thread. Still have the bike?

• Old Old x 1
  18. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Gee, I hope they have internet access in the Castrol Care Home:D:D;).

#38 nigelrb, Oct 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1