This sucks!!!!! Eurosport to be pulled from Sky TV

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dave dunlop, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Scott

Scott Active Member

What's virgins tele system like. Bt vision is pants compared to sky

2. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Best mates got Virgin and can't speak highly enough about it! Easy to use, Plus with the new Tevo box you can record 6 channels at the same time whilst still be able to watch another! That's bonkers.... whenever we get really bad rain I would have issues with my Sky system! Just hope after all the hype that Discovery pulls the plug and sky ends up losing the lot along with probably 1000's of customers ....

3. Mattie660

Mattie660 Elite Member

They should take a break from their spreadsheets, and have a think about the real world !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. stupot

stupot Active Member

Ill wait til the end of the month. I been looking at Virgin for a few moths now but nit sure how how the cables would route into the house.
    I would need two boxes to.

I think I am still in a "contract" with Sky. Would I be within my rights to cancel if they are not supplying me with what I wanted at the time of signing up?

I.E - losing the channels I watch the most.

I'm not rushing cos the bikes a while away from starting anyway.

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

Have to see how it comes out first

6. graemewalker

graemewalker Elite Member

Get ya sells a amazon stick and programme all channels much cheaper

7. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Far as I'm concerned there in breach of contract by removing 13 channels! I've renewed my contract with them in October but don't give a rats shit as I will just cancel my direct debit! On the grounds of that's all I watch on Sky! Have been on plenty of forums over the last few days and some people have already succeeded in getting out of there contract under them circumstances of losing so many channels so I can't see it being any issues! Just make all the right noises. I'm looking forward to the move now and can't wait to tell them to stick it!

Oh and the new Tevo 6 box is far more superior than anything Sky has to offer! It's full wifi and doesn't require being hardwired, platform is really easy to use and well set out, tried my mates out last night with no issues.

#27 Dave dunlop, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  8. stupot

stupot Active Member

I have just read in the money saving expert website that Sky have to give 31 days notice if any change in your contract. Wether it's a price increase or channel removal. They have not so they are in breach of contract.

But you can't accuse them of the breach of contract until the channels are gone.

I have also contacted Virgin and they have offered a full tv, phone and broadband package for 85 a month and this includes two of the new v6 boxes which look pretty trick

And their telly tablet thing looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Yeh been looking up reviews on the new box and supposedly 10 times quicker uploading stuff and a revised platform, smaller better looking remote, and it works off RF signal so it will even works within another room, it's a big win win for me and will be saving £28 a month from my existing set up with Virgin and Sky. Will end up with more channels more recording capabilities, double my broadband speed.... it's a NO brainier so long as the they pull the channels off and I can get out of my contract with Sky. Based on what's floating around on the forums many people have already cancelled contracts on the grounds of not giving notice.

10. stupot

stupot Active Member

It does look good Dave, but I don't get how people can cancel on the presumption that something may happen. It hasn't happened yet.
    I am sort of hoping it does but I really can't see it happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dave dunlop

Dave dunlop Elite Member

Well I'm sure we will find out soon enough! Fingers crossed it happens as I'm well and truly ready to move:D I'm sure Murdock not going to be digging to deep as apparently he's paying less to Discovery than he was a decade ago:eek:

12. sp1n99

sp1n99 Active Member

As much as I hate giving my money to Murdoch, I hope it stays on sky.
    We can't get virgin or bt broadband here in Jersey so I'd end up having to use Eurosport player and still have to pay sky to be able to use the record/ live freeze etc.

13. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Save loads of fuel money & bin the lot!

Watch it down the local with a beer or 3

Or at the nearest bike cafe with a bacon butty & banter with like minded folk :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

I tell you the most expensive thing is the bloody license fee! I only watch the odd attenborough wildlife programme on BBC which probably makes it the most expensive service ever!!
    How on earth they've managed to keep it rolling AND make it an imprisonable offence if fine not paid is beyond my comprehension!!
    Sorry to go off at a tangent but it really really grinds my gears

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Scott

Scott Active Member

How to do that what do You get

16. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Get an android tv box that has kodi pre installed much better than the Amazon sticks

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Muffking

Muffking God Like

That's one hell of a box for only £50 even if you do have to load Kodi and the add-ons yourself.
    Out of curiosity other than the much faster processor and full remote what makes it better for Kodi than the Firestick I gave up on?

19. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Also, I've been thinking about one of the Open Box's for Sky if anyone knows how to load the software and EPG?

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmm...It'd be interesting to hear how you get on with this. Having had Sky for as long as I can remember I've not kept up with the alternatives, but with my current TV only package running at £92 per month there's only so much piss taking I'm willing to take on the chin.

• Like Like x 1