This weekend??

Discussion in 'Events, Meetings & Ride Outs' started by Carl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. RichC

RichC Active Member

It was literally a 30 min ride out.

BMW UK: Approved Used Bikes - Bike details

Trade in value for mine was pretty pap though will stick with my Repsol and fit a quickshifter then the bike will be perfect.

2. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Was a good route Carl, enjoyed it, lets hope this weather lasts for a few more rides yet ;-)

3. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

4. Jonny fireblade

Jonny fireblade Active Member

Been out with a couple of friends/fiends 1 on 11 plate gixer, the other wait for it a 60 plate White blade just about kept up;)

5. rocket

rocket Active Member

going on the 25th martin jennings memorial run. covers lots of cornwall and usually between 1000 and 1300 bikes. should be a great day even though i,m going italian for it (giving the aprillia a run out)!

6. Timcbr

Timcbr New Member

Did you give it a try I rode the new and old one today. New one felt quicker but I'm not sure if it had the grunt in the mid of my blade which I can only put down to the good job done on the dyno. It really did surprise me that a bike with 20 bhp less felt like it pulled more. I was all up for a change but I'm in two minds now. Think the s1000rr was a bit quicker higher up the revs tho. Was shocked at the trade for mine tho

7. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I'm heading out for a short blast in a bit and will be popping into Blade Honda in Swindon and H-cafe if anyones about. I'll then be cleaning and prepping the bike for track and I might even clean my leathers and white boots.

8. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Blade Honda do not open on Sundays.

9. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

Losers! I'll pop in Motorcycle Mega Store anyway.

10. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Hi m8, just catching up, been busy at work and decorating at home plus looking at my new p/t business that I'll mention next time we meet. We must arrange to come up to Grantham for a ride out over the next couple of months when we are all free plus it would be nice to eat out somewhere that you like in your patch with the better halves !!. Send me, David, Simon & Brian a PM if you have any idea's / dates? - Cheers

11. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Hi m8, just catching up, been V busy at work / home. Sent Carl a message regarding maybe going up to his neck of the woods for a meal with the better halves plus maybe a rideout his way over the next couple of months. Hopefully he'll give us some idea's, have asked him to send myself, you, Brian and Simon a PM on this. Sorry to hear your back is still giving you problems, hopefully a speedy recovery. Looks like a half decent week next week so will be on the bike for work plus I'm camping at the BMF from Friday night with my neighbours and others so call me if you visit ............. Cheers

12. Fireblade46

Fireblade46 New Member

Just remembered something else, I'm camping at the BMF from this coming Friday with neighbours and others, if you visit give me a call and I'll come find you ............... cheers

13. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Hi Steve hope you are well? I might take a trip to the BMF Sunday, Angie is on call so I'm free, never very impressed with the BMF generally only go if I have nothing on, hope the weather is good for camping? Just seen the country file weeks forecast, take plenty of tent pegs lol

14. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Hiya Carl /Steve. Mate I can’t believe you are going camping at your age, think of your arthritis in the cold and wet and oh yes don’t forget the forecasted winds lol. You really should watch country file before you make these rash arrangements. As Carl said I am also not that impressed with the show but if the weather turns out nice and L has nothing else planned for us we might bob over in the car or if she isn’t interested and my back is better it’s a reason to ride my bike and try out the new levers.

15. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Did you fit the levers yourself David ?

16. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Yes Carl. I would like to say I am proud off myself but read the numpty awards thread and judge for yourself. Lol. Head hung in shame. What did you tell me about Diclofenac sodium mate? Ling doesn’t believe me; I keep getting up to do something and then forgetting what it was I was going to do. Mitigating circumstances at force here mate.