Time to sell the bike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Jamiestrada, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Shameless

Shameless Active Member

Jamie, its your choice, I have seen bad stuff happen, had a bad crash myself, done track days. Still do the odd stupid thing myself whilst in the groove. Unfortunately or fortunately as I still love life and the buzz I still get the urge to have the freedom the bike brings. Not a planned session on the track, or ride out with the lads, but a ride out when you fancy it.
    Best of luck with the sale but I bet eventually you will get another just for the freedom and enjoyment a bike brings.
    On a nice day your travelling in the car a bike comes past and you will think what have I done!

• Like Like x 2
  2. shanes

shanes Active Member

track riding is the only way to go mate , you can get the most out of it and enjoy it for what it was built for

3. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Thanks for all your support and kind posts, just got to get the brake lines Brembo m/c hi screen and SFS hoses off now and can put it all back together and advertise her, looking for £7750 11 plate 3400 miles, with tail tidy, r and g case sliders, adapter plates for rear pegs unsure, had a good look around and think that's a good price still has 10 months warranty and fsh.

Kit will be up for sale soon, first dibs have been replied too so far, want to sell bike before kit just incase I can't shift it for a fair price and keep it also can build to order if someone off here wants ?

Let me know if you think price is ok ? Don't want to give it away but would like to sell soonish, although not desperate !

Then hunt for a nice car will be on

4. shanes

shanes Active Member

i just sold a lovely motor yesterday as im not using it and its just locked in my garage i offered it to my old mechanic for fuck all he snapped it up , at least it will be used now ill just buy another when i move back

2007 WRX STI 15,000 miles 3.5 inch full system , EUC re map and upgraded pads 8000 quid
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. dave d

dave d Elite Member

15k nice 1 shane! bargain. better dig some more COAL!

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Love those cars. I've had 2 of them. The first 1 exactly like that 1 in the pic. Bought it from new, and used it only as a weekend car, and stored it during winter. After 2 years I sold it (don't know why I did that I should've kept it) then proceeded to go through 7 cars in 2 years, only to go out and buy another 1 in blue.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jamiestrada

I'm after that car or s4 or m3

8. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

I'd forget the S4 mate. 1 of my friends had 1 for 2 years and had nothing but bother with it. Turbo, driveshaft, electric seats, coil pack, and gear box all went within that time.
    He may have just picked a lemon, but the car was only a year and a half old when he got it.
    As for the M3 and the STI, both are great cars, just down to personal preference on the 2.
    The STI's I had never had anything at all go wrong with them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jamiestrada

Double post

#29 Jamiestrada, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  10. Jamiestrada

Love the Sti had a wrx ppp and would love the next step on, it's top of the list now so just need the bike to go or someone to swap with lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamz

Jamz Active Member

M3 I had was the SMG version...Very expensive to run so make sure you got deep pockets

Anything over 70k miles and your start looking at SMG issues (if you go for SMG though cant see why you wouldnt want a paddle shift gearbox :).., SMG pump couple of grand, SMG relay which went in mine..Couple of pence :) Very quick Cars but rear wheel drive compared to all wheel with the other 2 so depends what your bag is I guess...Go for the fully loaded model as you get the upgraded sound system and sat nav..dont go for the norm model which i had and had to indure some shyte aftermarket radio that was put in there untill i changed it over...

The noise from those 4 pipes puts a smile on your face, im not really a scooby missile launcher exhaust sound man..too many chavs have them around my neck of the woods so spoils the appeal for me

• Like Like x 2
  12. rocket

rocket Active Member

hopefully in the next 2 years i,ll be able to get the car i,ve wanted for years. a rs4 b7 avant, need something for the family, decent performance and build quality. been toying with the bike selling idea as could go and get one now. can get a decent one for around 20k and with my bikes i,m halfway there. at least i could be using it more as could take kids out for the day and have the drive experience at same time instead of leaving the bike tucked away while i take them out.!!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Jamie sorry to her this bud but please please keep coming here talking etc... Always good fun

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jamiestrada

I will Matt, you cant get rid of me that easily ;)

15. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

bloody good to hear. bike or no bike it's good to keep in contact. and all the best on the sell of the blade bud

• Like Like x 2
  16. JD

JD Active Member

Jamie, good luck with the sale mate, hope we can keep in touch.

JD

• Like Like x 2
  17. shanes

shanes Active Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jamiestrada

Thanks Shane, looks nice and great value, would like to get the WRX STI, but I need to sell the bike before I buy the car, so may be a wait, unsure what the market is like so late on in the year, I have competativly priced the bike IMO but will not give it away as I dont need too and can wait over the winter and sell next year, although I dont really want to wait that long !

Your car was exactly what I was after ! 06 wrx sti in black !!! :)

19. samuk

samuk Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the sale - hope all goes well and your bike sells..

I am sure one day you will be back.. ;-)

• Like Like x 2