Took The Plunge

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by Movistar, Sep 19, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

As long as they have the frame number, mate, they can look it up there and then.

2. Sossige

Sossige Active Member

Stranger danger! Don't take sweets from strangers either!

Have a safe ride hom Movistar - look forward to seeing the pictures when you're home safely.

3. gray

gray Active Member

enjoy her bud
    had a 50 mile ride dropped the R6 off
    set off on my rr7 first good bit of road and ........... WOW YAHOO:Banane32:

that was 5 wks ago and still grinning ill never forget that day

stay safe

4. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

Cheers guys just got to Bristol after going thru a downpour on the way FFS. Seen her and she is mint. Appraisal for part ex being done on the 600 as I wait. Dealer treating me to a full on English breakfast with all the trimmings while I wait. Huzzah!!!!

5. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Awesome .. I didn't even get offered a coffee .. tight gits .. they where happy enough to take 10 grand of me thou

6. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

well what can I say apart from F*** Me lol

Just hope I havent been copped on the way home by any sort of speed trap ( explain later ) looked down and I was doing a 100mph and didnt even realise it on dual carriage way of A4, might aswell explain it now as I went back 3 times to have a look.

was on A4 dual carriage way - no speed camera warnings but I went under a bridge and saw a strange white van - no markings just a white van obviously parked on the bridge, it has tinted windows I think. I went back 3 times but could not see anyone in there or anything suspicious. I am so paranoid lol - do they do mobile camera traps on bridges these days ? am sure I was not doing anymore than 100mph and maybe not even on that bit of road, don't they allow speed + 10% + 2mph these days ? Would hate to get a ban straight after getting the dream machine lol. I didnt even mean to do a ton it just happened lol, only ever done 100mph twice lol, avon and somersets listings dont have that part of the A4 on their mobile camera lists or fixed camera lists

anyway pics tomorrow :)

7. dan.1moore1

They do put vans on bridges over carriage ways .. 1 bugger had me last year .. As for the 10% +2 i don't think so any more as iv just had a letter through for 35MPH in 30 zone . i tried to get out of it and they offered me the speed awareness course .

To be honest mate . Im sure on carriage ways they have to catch you from head on and not behind so seeing as a bike has no plate up front you should have accelerated the 150 and gave him the finger lol

8. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah, I clocked two on a flyover just your side of the new bridge a few weeks ago, Dan. I'm crossing it again on Tuesday so eyes peeled.

9. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

are the vans normaly marked - this was all white with tinted windows - no one appeared to be in the van at all

10. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

These were white with two separate dark windows in the side.

12. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

just found this on the piece of road the van was on aswell - panic over perhaps

A4175 Keynsham Road Keynsham, both ways at Chandos Road

A4175 Bristol - Bridge maintenance work and temporary traffic lights on A4175 Keynsham Road in both directions in Keynsham from the Chandos Road junction. Expect delays.
    Updated 17 days ago

13. dan.1moore1

Thats worse coz it indicates that the operator is in the back of the van taking snaps of you speeding ..

Ha Ha I'm just teasing mate . They have to be marked with the speed camera logo and there must be warning sighs on the road or it is not legal .. Forget it dude and enjoy the bike before the weather goes to crap

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Fingers crossed for you, anyway, mate. Glad you're pleased with the bike. The danger is thinking 'my 600's pretty quick, it can't be that much faster'. LOL

15. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

its unreal - I cannot put into words how f****** mental it is. This may sound strange but compared to my 600 it was like driving a car. On the motorway she was so much more stable

Havent opened her up properly yet - tomorrow I will do

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I know exactly what you mean, mate. I jumped 90 bhp to my 'Blade. My Mrs thought I didin't like it when I came back from my test ride. She expected me to be grinning like a fox eating shit out of a wire brush. It took me a while to convince her that I was too scared to grin, I was concentrating on staying puckered.

Just remember tomorrow, it can do it, you don't need to prove it.

Well....not in one go.

17. Si.

Si. God Like

Did you notice the difference in power under 6k then? :)

18. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Ha, my Ducati pulled like a train from 1200 rpm, rolling my socks down. By 6k it was all over. The 'Blade just looks over it's shoulder at me and says: '6k, yeah, there it goes! Now what do you want me to do?'.

19. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

err..yes..lol
    also with the sports exhaust ( only ever ridden standard bikes ) she sounds flaming mental

I leave for work at 6:30am every morning - neighbours are gona do their nut as next door has a ninja zx-12R and mine is now as noisy at that f***** and he has a sports can on lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. Movistar

Movistar Active Member

also - where does the powerband hit on an rr7 - it felt like around 6-7k but I got scared as it has a brand spanking new back tyre on aswell