Tour de France blah blah blah

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pete H, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Because unlike most sports we actually do quite well in it, in fact we have won it for the last two years, admittedly those are the only times though lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

i got to it no problem ,went on my monkey bike ,absolutely no traffic jams either on the way there or back , i just went on all the back roads that i used to use as a kid .

• Like Like x 1
  3. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Well if two wins in 101 years in deemed "quite good" we must dominate car and bike racing :) let's have a Yorkshire TT instead ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Julian

Julian Active Member

All the miserable I hate cyclists brigade should be made to cycle for at least six months then perhaps they'd have some kind of understanding what it's like out there, and why cyclists behave and do the things the do.

I think years of cycling have made me a better motorcyclist as I'm fully aware of just how many idiotic, thoughtless, careless road users there are including motorcyclists unfortunately :(

And yes I run red lights when it's safe to do so and I spit occasionally , the body produces mucus when under strain you have to get rid of it somehow.

gots to get me one of these next - Trek unveil 4.65kg, £11,000 Émonda SLR 10 climbing bike | Road Cycling UK

• Like Like x 1
  5. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

The body may produce mucus but do you think it's ok to spit on someone or their property? Hmm, I have been cycling all my life but as a matter of need over the last ten years it's become much more popular as a leisure sport. Plenty of assholes around on foot, car, plane, boat whatever but no need to inflict your self on someone else I say. I don't do it with my bike or any other way in my life, some feel that THEY have a RIGHT and do not consider others in what they do or say. That's the problem of today, has nothing to do with bikes... If anyone else ejects any body fluid on me or my property I WILL rain my anger on them as I did with the twenty or so cyclists! As for running red lights, really, so when someone runs you over that's ok then, I just hope they have on film that you were at fault.

Just sayin like ;) :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Julian

Julian Active Member

Fair shout Arthur didn't realise they'd done that, tbh they'd of probably had my lid wrapped around their head if they'd done it to me

• Like Like x 1
  7. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

haha no problem mate, it pissed me right off!

Thing that upset me most was he looked at me as if to say "what's the problem" that's when I flipped out!

Been watching some of the TdeF and no doubt those guys are amazing, the level of fitness is incredible, hard to take on board how far and fast they go, some of the hills at 33s that's STEEP! Fair play to them.

I should add just thinking about how I cycle, I am lucky in that I live in a town unlike the big smoke, and yeah think I am guilty of ALL traffic offences when on a push bike...lol. pot/black and all...

#27 arthurbikemad, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  8. Stevie_d

Stevie_d Senior Member

When is it safe to run red lights ???

9. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

Temporary ones that ignore bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. yorkshiregooner

yorkshiregooner Active Member

Not a cycling fan
    Don't know why it came to Yorkshire
    But l do know 'the white rose' did it proud!!!!

11. scooby

scooby Elite Member

when no ones looking of course :)

bit like doing 100+ on your bike.....

12. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Has they buggered off back to France yet? not watched TV in a few days :D