Track bike build

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by RepsolRuss, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Ooooooooo nice :)

2. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Russ I hope you refitted the calipers the right way round for final fit??? :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Ha ha yes I did. Wasn't till I stood back and looked that I realised they were upside down lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Beefcake313

Beefcake313 Active Member

Russ, couple of questions if I may!

Where did you get the catch bottles and tubes from? Where they sold as a kit?
    Also have you used the standard wiring loom for the dash and just tied up all the unused connectors, (lights etc)? When I removed the nose cone and lights the wiring loom is all fixed within the nose!

Cheers

5. Scott

Scott Active Member

I have some bottles I can sell. Very close to hrc ones. The pipes look like from a fish shop ;) I like em tho

6. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Got the catch bottles from Dobles Honda . They were £9 each I think. I (stupidly) bought the HRC tubes from them too but they weret long enough, so I bought new lengthens from my local DIY store.

The loom has just been tidied up with various cable ties just under clocks. Quite easy to do. Looks neat :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scott

Scott Active Member

il do them cheaper than that if anyone wants some

• Like Like x 1
  8. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Quick update.

The clipons fitted turned out to be Vortex clamps with Renthal tubes. One of the clamps has a bit missing so I'll be sending them back. Bought them off a friend so not the end of the world ordered a new set of Renthal clamps & tubes. Also managed to pick up a secondhand HM QS + for just under £250. Need a new shift rod though, so I'll have to get one orderd

Fingers crossed I'll have my fairings this weekend. Had the HRC brackets deliverd for the fairings last weekend so everything is all ready to go. Discs should be here this week too.

:)

9. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Shifter came today.

[​IMG]

Along with rear brake line

• Like Like x 1
  10. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Popped along to HM Racing this afternoon for a new shift rod (only 20mins away) as the rod that came with the shifter was the wrong size. The shifter was previously fitted to a K8 GSXR 1000 with a Suzuki/Honda sub loom, so fitted straight on.
    [​IMG]

Shifter was already set at 70ms cut time and 75% sensitivity and with compression already selected, so perfect for race shift.

Still waiting for discs.....

#70 RepsolRuss, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  11. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Got a new set of clip-ons deliverd today so set about fitting them this afternoon

[​IMG]

Didn't take too long. Whipped the old ones off and repaced with the new.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spoke to Omi Racing about my discs. After telling me they were going to be dispatched this week, turns out they haven't been. Iv been told they will be sent out early next instead. Iv decided to take my money else where now and cancel the order. Really don't like being dicked about!! Especially with a large amount of money... Luckily I paid via Pay Pal

Not to sure what way to go now discs wise. I'd like to stick with HPK discs, but I'll have to wait and see. Doesn't look like I'll have the fairing this weekend now either...

12. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Got some pics today of me repaird belly pan. The repair took longer to get done due to work load at the paint shop.

Belly pan has gone from this
    [​IMG]

To this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Really chuffed with how it's come out. I know some people would of kept the damage as its from the TT but I couldn't live with it lol.

Fingers crossed I'll have the fairings soon :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Been let down with the HPK discs. Turns out I placed the order with the company, but the company didnt have any in stock & weren't going to get any more. They wanted me to spend approx £80 more for a set of Brembo T-Drive discs. So I got a refund. Not sure what to go for now. Thinking PFM

14. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

must be good deals going around on T-Drives just now given the time of year..

15. KPH

KPH Active Member

There are two outlets under the tank, one is the vent, and one is the overflow drain - how can you tell which one is which

Thanks, Karl

16. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Hi buddy i havbe the same rearsets i dont know whether it makes a difference but on destructions it says bolt the shift rod on gear lever outside in yours looks the other way hard to explain and probs wont make a difference ?

17. wedgiewolves#223

18. wedgiewolves#223

Or i have it the wrong way around hmmmmmmmmm off to investigate ha ha

19. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

It's been a while.... Been mad busy with work and various other projects at the moment.

Managed to pick up a newly serviced secondhand Ohlins shock from Steve Mercer for the blade today. It's in great condition and at £500, it's half the price of a new K-Tech or Ohlins GP. I had an Ohlins GP on order but canceled it as Ohlins couldn't give me a delivery date!! Was supposed to be Jan 25th..... Still haven't turned up by the end of Feb.....
    [​IMG]

I also had to compromise on the front brake discs. I tried to order a set of Brembo HPK discs from both Italy & the UK. Again, I watied for over a month for a set but none were available. Didn't want to spend the extra on T-Drive discs so eventually went for Serie Oro discs. These hold a good improvement over the stock discs & I'm sure they are more than up to the job..

Sold the Dunlop fairings as they were agro to fit. So opted on a new set of Motocarbons from Ten Kate Honda. Should have them in a couple of weeks or so , then it's off to the painters. I have decided a Guy Martin Wilson Craig Honda rep from 2010.
    image.jpg

Needed a new set of leathers too so decided to treat myself. Picked up a set of black Alpinestars Atem leathers. I tried a few sets on in my local dealers to find the right size then orderd on line. I used to work in the local dealer so they were cool with me trying a few sets on. Saved approx £470 shopping online. The Atem in my local dealers was £1100. I paid £630 delivered from Germany.... Was toying with various different colours but opted for black in the end. Much less Power Ranger looking than the others Atem suits lol

image.jpg

I'll post more pics and updates as soon as anything happens. Thanks for the interest guys :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

The project has gotten quite slow of late. Not had lots of time to spend on the bike. I've also been waiting ages on parts to be delivered.

My fairings have finally turned up after 4 weeks of waiting. I've decided to leave them with the white hel coat they come in. Can't really see the point in flashy paint jobs anymore. Would rather spend the money on track time or tyres.

I have however picked up a set of Ohlins forks for the old girl. I'll be putting them on over the next couple of weeks or so. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1