Track bike build

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by RepsolRuss, Nov 23, 2014.

1. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Thanks mate. Snett isn't too far from me. They do some good double days that are defo worth traveling down for

2. Kingfixer

Kingfixer New Member

yeah must try and get back down there again, maybe on one of the open pit days ?

3. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Yeah go for it. I'll do the next OP day if you fancy it :)

4. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Ordered a new piece of kit today. After really missing a gear indictor on the Blade, which I really can't do without, and wanting a new GPS laptimer for a while, I decided to order a new HM dash. image.jpg

Also bought a new PCV & booked the bike in to HM racing for some mapping. I'm positive the PCV will help find a little more mid range punch and a little more power with a decent amount of Dyno time.

More posts when I get round to it :)

• Like Like x 7
  5. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Must stop reading, must resist buying shiny new stuff...........

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Kingfixer

Kingfixer New Member

Ooooh very nice, i like the look of that but I have spent enough as it is, something like that will have to wait till next year :(.

7. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Had a parts delivery today. A pair valve blanking kit. Nothing exciting but something to push the build forward with.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Just waiting for my full Bazzaz and HM dash and we will be ready for the Dyno :)

#147 RepsolRuss, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Dash arrived today. Fixed in to place but haven't turned it on as the bike is still in loads of bits lol
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Bazzaz rocked up today. Hope to get it fitted this evening :) image.jpg

10. SimonT

SimonT New Member

Oooh looking good. What do the blanking plates do and do I need them in my life? And what's with the tape?

• Like Like x 1
  11. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Blanking plates are there to block off the pair valve. The pair valve pumps air in to the engine to burn un burnt fuel. That's when it's popping & banging on the over run. It also helps to get a better air fuel mix when on the Dyno. Tape is covering the throttle bodies just incase a bolt/washer or anything else finds itself going down there. Don't want that!!!

Managed to fit the Bazzaz this evening. Took about 3hrs. Just need to set It up on the lap top and we'll be good to go :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Bazzaz all fitted & set up. Just need to get the bike over for a bit of Dyno time. I tell you what though, there is no way on this earth you can get all these cables & looms etc in underneath the tank neatly..... It's impossible!!!
    image.jpg

Dash is playing me up. It's not reading RPM or any gears. Dropped it on HM this afternoon, should have a new one this Monday :)

#152 RepsolRuss, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  13. KPH

KPH Active Member

That's a bit of a pain !

I too tried to fit my HM-Dash yesterday, but didn't even get as far as you : The socket on the dash fouled the plate-gusset of the MotoHolders front fairing support ( relatively easy to fix) but then I noticed that the connection on the loom and dash were different. Very frustrating !

TQ-HM _Dash &CBR 01.jpg

14. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Ahh man, that sucks. Nothing more frustrating than looking forward to fitting something new to the bike & it not going to plan :-(

Looks like you have an 08-11 back plate on the HM Dash. Are you fitting it to a 2012 onwards bike? (I'm taking a stab in the dark. Your old dash looks like the later CBR one from the shape of it)

15. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

After a bit of thought, I decided to have another look at the wiring routing of the Bazzaz system. To be honest I wasnt really happy with the way I ran the looms previously and it was bugging me, so this morning I removed the tank,airbox & subframe etc to give it another go. There really is an unbelievable amount of wiring to cram in the little space under the tank, but I now feel a lot happier with how it's been run. Looks much neater, almost factory lol

16. KPH

KPH Active Member

Have you got any pics please ? I've installed a HM quick shifter and a Bazzaz Zfi unit and agree with you that there's a lot of wiring ( more so with the ZfiTC) . I'm thinking it can possibly be made a bit neater.

PS Yes, I've got a 2012 model. Waiting to hear back from HM on the dash - doesn't help that I'm in Thailand !

17. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

I haven't taken any pictures I'm afraid. However if you watch this guy on YouTube
    He explains that the best way to run all the looms is down the right hand side of the frame & not the left like the instructions say. I found this the best way too. I found gathering up the loom in between the upper & lower injectors and cable tied up in to a bunch worked well. Once the sound killing blanket has been fitted over the air box you'd never know the extra cables/loom was there. Hope this helps

18. KPH

KPH Active Member

Thanks - I forgot about that big dude from STG - I wouldn't have been able to do hardly anything without his vids.
    Cheers for the suggestion - I went back to it before I put the tank back on ( Major event, as I've still not mastered the tricky fuel tube connection ), tidied it up a bit - I ended up having to cable tie the bundle to the injector bars ( they seemed solid enough) making sure to avoid the hoses.

Not sure the picture is too clear, but you can see where the Bazzaz loom comes from under the injectors down to the right IMG_20150608_173452.jpg

Got the tank back on and to my complete relief, the bike started !! A bit more to do, then hopefully hitting the track this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Got the HM dash working. Was user error on my part. It's an amazing piece of kit!! Spent a good hour or so getting things set up. Can't WAIT to use it on the next outing. image.jpg

#159 RepsolRuss, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  20. RepsolRuss

RepsolRuss Active Member

Bikes been dropped off today for some dyno time. This is the final part of the build, so I guess after its back she'll be done. I'm hoping to be out for the next open pit lane day at Snetterton for a bit of a test, basically to run through & get to grips with the TC settings etc.

I'll post Dyno results as and when i get the bike back :)