Track bike build

Discussion in 'General 1000RR Discussion' started by RepsolRuss, Nov 23, 2014.

1. kevin nichol

kevin nichol Active Member

Could I ask how did you plumb both bottles in. Obviously one is from the top of the radiator filler cap but where is from. Is it from ?

2. kevin nichol

Sorry just read previous post.

3. Bikerznod

Bikerznod New Member

Hello, I'm currently converting a 2009 blade to a track bike and have a couple of questions i have seen you have answered, But me being a bit of a plank want to confirm a couple of things and also ask another question!

I have the SES Front sub-frame with bottle bracket and bottle catcher am i right in assuming i can remove the Stock expansion tank (Near the rear swing arm) and plumb one bottle straight into one of the bottles and the other bottle gets plumped into the fuel tank overflow? What size silicone tubing did you use?

Also... With the front wiring harness is it possible to remove (Snip) the non required wiring without causing an engine light? Eg Flapper solenoid connections, Head light wiring, indicator wiring?

Thank you in advance!

4. kevin nichol

5. kevin nichol

The clear pipe I used is 6mm Internal and 9mm external diameter 3m in length will be more than enough you need. Try eBay.

As far as tidying the harness up just snip of the head light wires and tape up ends so they don't earth etc . The other unused plugs I just taped up and cable tied up out the way, so they don't foul your controls and steering.

6. Bikerznod

Bikerznod New Member

Thank you for your reply that has cleared alot up! I have attached an image of what i have on the front loom and was curious if you could share some knowledge on what can go and er what some of it is!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/q7YVQ1zfFHVAauTQ8
    [​IMG]

Thanks again