Watch out there is a thief about

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by honda.ima, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Caz

Caz Active Member

I got a warning off the police for having gripper rods across the top of my 6' wooden gates and around the fence tops incase anyone decided to climb into my garden! Shame I forgot to mention it to the new neighbour before he decided to replace a couple of pannels on his side..oops

2. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I do like the idea of non drying paint for these kinds of situations. It's like spreading bitumen onto the fence or shed roof. I like the idea of the bastards rotting in place like on fly paper.

But as I'm writing this my cat's giving me one of those 'don't even fucking think about it' looks.

3. Barmbyblade

Barmbyblade Active Member

Can anyone remember when folk used to cement broken glass on top of walls to deter intruders, you can't do that anymore either.

4. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

Absolutely...was all over the place when I was a lad.....nighmare when you kicked your football over the walls

5. lillywhites

lillywhites Active Member

I'm amazed that my neighbour keeps his lovely Mille in the open no descernible locks just a cover on it.......been untouched for 18 months...offered him a refuge in my "secure" garage but he has declined......it his day to transport so if it does get stolen the consequences could be a tad inconvenient to say the least

6. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I put that up on my mums 6ft brick wall abotu 10 years ago. still there and never been a issue. I put carpet grippers on my fences now and works a treat. never had a issue. You can by the hard plastic spikes for the top of fence and walls. B&Q trade sell them. I did ask a copper a few years ago about it. as long as you got a small ( very small :)) sign up and it's 6 foot + high it's not a issue. well has not been my end

7. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

As long as it's within your boundaries it's ok, aubade is a bad idea now due to recent stated cases of people having signs beware if the dog.

It implies you know your dog is evil do should take steps to prevent it biting someone.