what age is safe for a pillion

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by D16PJM, Feb 17, 2019.

1. D16PJM

D16PJM New Member

well we went to kit him out today with frank Thomas jacket , trousers and boots, arai Helmet, cost a small fortune

• Like Like x 2
  2. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

I’m with Paulo on this one (each to their own). My Wife or Children are not going on the bike with me. My Wife did go on the back of my VTR 1000 SP2 back in 2008 before the kids came along and to be honest she loved it (maybe the V twin vibration rather than my riding skills).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. D16PJM

D16PJM New Member

I under stand its each to there own and had my concerns but he absolutely loved it, we have risk around us every day and yes i may be increasing my boys risk on the bike but it makes him happy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nigelrb

nigelrb Elite Member

Just for my own peace of mind, and I don't mean to derail this from 'children's ages'. but how old is too old for a pillion.

Just wondering in case I get a hankering for picking up a wrinkly old pensioner.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. CBRGav

CBRGav Active Member

My little ones had mini bikes and is aiming to have her own bike later on, so to me it's a shared interest, as was mma that she did for 6 years with risk of injury(never injured though). She wants a sky dive for her 18th with me at the side of her too, so I guess we do allot of risky stuff together. Life's for living, got mates in the ground that never touched a motor bike in their short life.

• Like Like x 2
  6. D16PJM

D16PJM New Member

i think alot depends on how old and wrinkly the rider is so you should be fine Nigel:)

• Thanks Thanks x 1