What annoys you the most when on the road

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Nov 14, 2012.

?

So what do you dislike the most

1. Scooter's

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. The elderly

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. White van man

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. Women drivers (runs away)

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. young new driver

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  6. Chavs in blinging 1.1ltr lowered Corsa's etc...

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  7. Pedestrians

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  8. Lorrys

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  9. Caravans

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  10. Cyclists

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JD

JD Active Member

Only jokin

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moily

Moily Active Member

To add to the original list:

• Taxi Drivers / Bike Couriers and other road users who make their living on the road who think they have more rights than others because of that
    • Car drivers who have no awareness and don't light up when conditions dictate it (particularly silver/grey cars when it's raining :rolleyes:)
    • People who think they're too good to stop for red lights (major problem in London)
    • MIDDLE AND OUTER LANE HOGGERS !! :mad: :mad:

and finally:

• People who add superfluous apostrophes to pluralised versions of words (*cough*) :D

(althouh not technically while on the road, so I'll let that one ride!)

3. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Along with allot of you on here the things that annoy me the most are;

Middle land drivers, specially the ones who when they've finally moved over and let you past move out again even though there is nothing else on the road!

People who don't understand what the amber lights on the corners of their cars are for...

And the bloke in the Audi estate who pulled out on me this morning, he looked at me saw me and thought he'd go anyway, lucky the brakes on the Blade are good Ggrrr..

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

How do you feel about...ellipses...?

5. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Oh yes and people who dont put there bloody lights on when its foggy. its just pure stupidity

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brym

Brym Active Member

Whats peoples gripe with cyclist then? I drive a car, ride my motorbike and a I cycle so i'm interested to know as I can see it from many views. Maybe cyclist have a bad rep in urban areas like London jumping red lights etc more so than rural??

One of my gripes is what I call the 40mph syndrome, alot of people seem to feel comfortable at this speed and like to do it no matter what the speed limit. Built up area yep 40mph, then get to a deserted national speed limit country road and yep they still do 40mph. Too fast in the slow bits and to slow in the fast bits

• Like Like x 1
  7. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

Big gripe of mine also... my commute is mainly 60 but takes me through a little village with a primary school where the limit quite rightly drops to 30... the amount of feckwits that do 40 through the lot beggars belief!

8. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

And the oposite, I'm fed up following people in perfect visability with the rear fog blinding me!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moily

Moily Active Member

Yep, and pound to a penny the probability is they'll be in a silver or grey car/van!

10. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Given my links to the civilised world are the A1 or the A14, it has got to be truck drivers. Now having held both a PCV and LGV licence I get the issues these guys have and girls have to contend with and who ever decided to limit all trucks to the same speed either never travels on duel carriageways or needs their bumps feeling. But what really grips my siht is when they indicate (if your lucky), and within seconds pull out into the inside lane with little or no regard to the speed my approach, ok you argue its my fault for travelling ever so slightly over the legal limit. Having slammed your brakes on you sit behind said truck for miles and miles of elephant racing at 56mph whilst it tries to get past another truck also driving on the limiter. Unless the inside truck decides to reduce speed slightly you have to wait for an incline when the truck with the biggest balls under the cab can use its torque to maintain the limited speed and get past. I know they have trailed ‘no truck overtaking’ sections of the A14, but there are no cameras and so mainly ignored.

It’s a pain in the arse and dont even get me started about folk putting rear fog lights on at night in the pouring rain and no fog.....rant over

Will it or wont it:

car_photo_364243.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

I feel the poll would not cope with all the options from the sounds of it

12. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

Audi drivers.......the young whose self belief that they're Ayrton Senna exceeds their actual skill etc etc etc etc etc etc :D

13. JD

JD Active Member

Muppets who leave their engine running when parked up, we have enough pollution without adding to it unnecessarily! This is very therapeutic isn't it :D

14. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm getting stressed reading through alot of it re-living my experience with the idiots of the world!
    I'm too young for a heart attack so best stop reading

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Isn't it.

What about the ones who's attitude to parking is, this is the place I want to go, I'll stop here. Should anyone point out that I'm causing an obstruction, I'm certain they'll understand I'll only be five minutes.

Happened to me just last night, just around the corner of my house after a 12 hour day and a 250 round trip. Outside the child minder's there were 4x4's and people carriers abandoned like a scene from Zombieland but without a gap through which to pass. The 5 mins all the mum's were going to be while collecting their angels didn't make the slightest difference to my mood while within sight of my front door...

Honest.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moily

Moily Active Member

I'd have been leaning on my horn (so to speak) until the ignorant gets came back and moved their vehicles.

17. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

I was sat on my drive in the car last year beeping my horn at 430am last year on a Sunday morning upsetting all the neighbours as some tw@t decided it would be a good idea to park across the front of my drive! He came out of a house in a road that goes across the top of mine (like a T junction).
    The bloke could not understand what he had done wrong and his reply was 'well most people work mon - fri 9-5, I would of moved it by 9'
    WTF how retarded can you be, really felt like just swinging for him

I'm getting stressed again lol

18. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Dead right Martin, don't let the soda away with it! whoa betide anyone who dares park in front of my double drive ,

19. tonyblade

tonyblade Active Member

Dead right Martin, don't let the sods away with it! whoa betide anyone who dares park in front of my double drive ,

20. Wolfmancol

Wolfmancol Active Member

Personally i think BMW drivers are best kept away from because of lack of indicators (maybe they are an optional extra) and general haven't got a clue driving style. Subaru Impretza drivers who seem to always want to race you even though the crap stickers on them would peel off with the speed of a Fireblade rocketing away from them. Young retarded scooter riders that have to beat you through the traffic (by any means possible) while filtering. Cyclists who are totally oblivious to there surrounding swerving in and out of the traffic and jumping red lights which seems to be the done thing around Manchester.There are many other things that get to me too out and about on the roads but for my own personal safety i best not post them!;)