What county have you lived in/Born

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Remal, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

My mate back from Indo nexy week and is always going on how cheap it is and an amazing place but very third world. Bali and other places are better then were he works but one area I would not mind seeing

2. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

Born Frampton Hospital in Boston Lincolnshire 25/10/1968.
    Moved around Lincolnshire whilst my father developed property.
    Coningsby Donington Boston
    Moved up to Blackpool when i was eighteen with my parents who bought a hotel.
    The poncing around guests that goes with the job was not for me.
    Started some seasonal work in amusement arcades, wanted something more secure.
    Took my PSV with Fylde BLue Busses in 1991.
    Taken over by Blackpool Transport in 1997, after nearly 10 years of Arse holes every day I applied as a driver on the OLE worked up in the past 10 years to assistant.
    Was looking at moving and working in Spain, but the arse has dropped out of that.
    So Villa is on the Market "see thread in non bike related for sale section" (plug done :D)
    Looking at moving north of the border in the next few years?

3. tandbiskits

tandbiskits Active Member

Born in Exeter, parents were living in Doncaster at the time.( visiting family).
    Moved to Yate ( Avon), then moved to Bath, at 4. Then moved to Exmouth, then at 15 moved in with my Dad in Chipping Sodbury. Then on to Midsomer Norton, 17, then over to Gurney Slade. Moved to Wraxall at 18, then to Cannards Grave(shepton mallet), then over to Evercreech, then to Wells, then Wookey, then over to Shepton Mallet, then Crewkerne , then into Yeovil , then out of Yeovil into Ilchester, then back into Yeovil, then moved to another place 18 months ago at the ripe old age of 39 ( I`m hoping i don`t move again as the horse has had it & the caravan is on it`s last legs !). So if you need any tips on moving , ask someone else.

4. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I almost dare not reply to this thread due to lack of movement.

I live in the same village that my family have lived in for centuries. And I do mean centuries. My Aunt did the whole family tree thing and managed to trace back to 1550 or thereabouts. All the way back to my Great x 10 grandfather who was the Vicar at a Church 2 and a half miles away from my house :D

By my reckoning that's 8.70 metres per year. Which I think is about on par with continental drift.

• Like Like x 2
  5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

That's cool Rich. Even back three generations my family is scattered to all corners of the UK. My father's a Yorkshireman, his grandfather marched from Jarrow, my maternal grandfather was from the Rhondda, my great grandmother, Alice Cooper, believe it or not, she was Irish. Ran away from home with a circus. All interesting stuff, but I'd trade it for the sense of belonging you must get from your home.

6. dave d

dave d Elite Member

same here rich. born in swinton sth yorks now live in greasbrough about 3 miles away!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BoroRich

BoroRich Elite Member

I suppose it depends on how you look at it, Ken. You could see it as unimaginative but you're right. There is an immense sense of belonging to the place. I suppose, technically-speaking despite not having moved, the counties were actually messed about with so I was actually born in Co. Durham, then it became Cleveland and now it's back to Co. Durham :D

8. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

I was born and raised in Leeds Headingley until i was 15 then my Mum and Dad dragged me and my 3 sisters to Bridlington.After that moved to Flamborough a beautiful fishing village on the east coast and no plans to go anywhere else.I love it here.:)

9. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I've never made it quite that far up the coast. Nearly, several times with dad being from Hull, but Flamborough Head and Whitby are on my list next time I'm on the old farmstead.

10. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Its well worth a visit,i love telling people i live 4 miles out at sea,Whitby is lovely Whistlestop cafe is a must.:)

11. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Made in Canada, born in Scotland, lived in Scotland all my life, but would love to move to Canada some day, odd that.

12. vino

vino New Member

Spent my 34 years living within a 18 mile radius.

Addlestone & Chertsey in Surrey and Ashford & Feltham in Middlesex.

Wouldn't mind working in the US for a couple of years, or moving further in to London. Only problem is Mrs. V will live anywhere in the world, as long as it's on 1 or 3 specific roads in Chertsey, and within a mile of her Mum.

13. fez.57

fez.57 Well-Known Member

Born in whitby. Went to school in whitby. work in whitby and still currently live here. only have a small family but they all live here aswell. i can probably count on my inbred 5 hands the amount of times i have left north yorkshire

14. Bats

Bats Active Member

born in blackpool live in blackpool never even been to london haha!!

BORING!

15. Givover

Givover God Like

Born in Bolton (Shithole) moved 20 years ago to Warrington like it although it is rare to go into town unless its for the dentist .Currently building this house (so one day ) subject to lotto ?[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

16. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks a bit like my house....

That's got bricks in it too.

17. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

Germany - Cologne / Bonn
    NL - Budel
    USA - McLean, Virginia
    UK - High Wycombe, Bucks.

18. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Born in Shrewsbury ,
    Lived on the border England/Wales ,
    Moved to them there hills ,
    Now back to town , ( and she would like us to go back to Scotland )

19. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Born and dragged up in Bristol until17.

Since then residences include.
    Reading
    Germany
    Bristol
    Guildford
    Bristol
    Lincoln
    Lincoln & London
    Lincoln

Most moves were work related. Stayed in a few other places but not for long enough to include.

20. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

As I hail from 'uddersfield I sort of agree with this comment It is slowly being .... oh don't get me started
    Born in Huddersfield, lived in Hudds until 2007, when we moved to Milnthorpe, Cumbria.

#40 Kevin1, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013