What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Givover

Givover God Like

Please explain the process Crin. Thanks

2. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Fooking Champion !!! Love it ha ha

3. crin

crin Active Member

I had planned to buy a blue iridium screen but couldnt find any light covers to match. So I got to thinking I would simply tint the ones I had and save some much needed ££. I found a can of tinting spray on ebay for £6 (available in most colours) and ordered it, saving around £54.
    I removed the screen and light covers and washed & dried them. I had intended to only spray the inside but soon realised the stick on velcro type attachments would ruin the effect.. I sprayed the whole can in 4 seperate coats, 5 mins apart to achieve such a dark tint and am pleased with the results. I wish I had taken a bit more time with the contours of the DB screen but overall its ok... and I have a pocket full of beer tokens!

• Like Like x 3
  4. exfire

exfire Elite Member

I had a very twitchy ride on salty, wet and muddy roads to MCT suspension in Stowmarket today, although the A14 bit was fine.

As soon as I got there I was given a hot drink and comfy settee to sit on. My second hand Ohlins S46 was stripped and fully serviced, then fitted and set up. Front forks had new linear springs, weight matched oil and set up.

Darren took the bike out for a test run and then I took it out. The test route is a nice little stretch, although the first bit was a bit slippy.

What can I say ! the bike handles incredibly, it feels really well planted, has much more control on acceleration and under braking and tips in very nicely. A real transformation.

The ride back was really good, drier roads and a chance to put the suspension through it's paces, it really has transformed the bike.

Then came the big clean up, man it took ages, so much mud and salt. Full wash off, rinse and dry and then lubed and polished. two and a half hours, but she looks really pretty with her little 'goldy' rear.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

Fitted R&G engine case sliders!

• Like Like x 1
  6. bluekontakt2004

bluekontakt2004 Active Member

7. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

Leo Vince Optional Heat Shield Exhaust Slip On ( Akrapovic Slip On )

Very nice weather to ride the bike and upgrade it as well.

Attached Files:

8. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Looks so good I have just ordered one for my bike :)

9. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

So do I, where did you order it from if you dont mind me asking

10. Jamiestrada

JHS Racing £83.74 free postage, I found two more suppliers @£82.75 but was £7 postage :) hope this helps, also hope I got it at a good price lol

CBR1000RR 2008-2011

11. BlackDevil

BlackDevil God Like

• Like Like x 1
  12. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Bikes looking really nice blackdevil.

13. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

14. Jamiestrada

Just been out and fitted the Brembo pads, finally a job thats easy 5 mins a side :) they are the SA road varient so will be interested to see what they are like as I have only ever fitted EBC HH pads before on the R1, they maybe no different because the honda pads are very good anyway, but for £25 well worth a try :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. stevebetts

stevebetts Well-Known Member

Went out and did about 100 miles!
    Got 260 miles on the clock now.
    Its awesome.

16. RedMacGregor

RedMacGregor Active Member

Just finished cleaning the bike up after 6 hrs in Wales on Thursday - I went too far west and ended up getting wet and dirty. The roads were really mucky - the good old farmers have been dragging all sorts of crap off the fields onto the road.
    I thought I'd change my oil while as I was on a roll after cleaning the bike. I didn't realise how much force the oil would come out. It missed my oil tray by about 6 inches and dumped most of the oil on the floor - what a bloody mess. As I didn't remove the lower fairing a load shot in there and is still dripping out - also I could get my torque wrench on the sump nut so I've had to guess how tight it is. I think I'll leave it to the nice Honda man in future.

Happy days - Steve

17. Jamiestrada

Bet you did not get as many lustful looks on the common repsol lol, joking aside I think you did the right thing, you have confidence in the bike again and no matter what you would have always had the problem in the back of your mind, I am at home with the three boys today so no chance of getting out and it looks glorious outside :(

So I am more than happy that you got to enjoy it :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. daveyboy

daveyboy Active Member

Fitted my Rizoma levers, awesome.......cheres steveypvs!
    Also fitted some carbon heel guards and some dinky indicators, not sure about the lights tho?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Benn The Pig

Benn The Pig Well-Known Member

I'd already fitted my engine Case sliders, but today won a rad guard and front fork protectors, the seller was 8 miles from me do picked em up n fitted them.

I always have rad guards but hadnt got one for the blade yet, after someone on here got a hole in theirs the other day I thought it'd be sods law it'd happen to me if I didn't get one!

Hopefully the best £40 I'll ever spend!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. dan.1moore1

dan.1moore1 Senior Member

Better safe than sorry mate