What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Cramp Buster, cracking bit of kit but your palm will hurt after the first 1000 miles of constant use. Good for short 700 miles trips mind. :D Got a spare one in the garage if anyone wants it.

Try this when you get a chance. Its brilliant! Go Cruise Throttle Lock Motorcycle Cruise Control 1 inch Bars | eBay

#3081 Jap_STi_3, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. el-nicko

el-nicko Well-Known Member

Finally 'bit the bullet' and started stripping the bike so as to fit brand new 'Taylormade' zorst, PC5 and gold coloured foot-pegs. What a nightmare on an ABS bike; nothings where it's says it is in the fitting strukshuns.:confused:

Nick.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bloy182

Bloy182 Active Member

That one looks deadly lol

4. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

Who did this for you?

5. ShinySideUp

ShinySideUp Elite Member

Going by the printout I would hazard a guess n say these guys. :D

6. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

It's brilliant Nick, no panniers slowing progress on grid locked roads in town. So comfortable to ride and brilliant fun on the back routes. I'm loving it. Best bike I've ever ridden and I've ridden a fair few :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

It's fantastic for the boring motorway stuff. Been riding down to Spain a fair bit and through France it was a God send. Sat at 85 from one tank to the next. Just remember to slide the rubber cover over the grip or it will shred the grip. You just press it onto your brake with your left finger and just wind off when not needed. Be warned though folks' IT"S NOT FOR THE NOVICE BIKER!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Whooooo keep me posted with loads of photo's please. I'm soooooo wanting a Taylormade Zorst!

Just hope its not as loud as I have a gut feeling it will be mind :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  9. scooboo81

scooboo81 Member

Got it done at highland motorcycle dynos in Cromarty. Lads name is Chap, he has a website, just google it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. scooboo81

scooboo81 Member

In Cromarty mate, hmd tuning, google it mate, I've been there a couple of times now, he knows his stuff and is very particular in getting you the best possible results.

11. Gilesy

Gilesy Elite Member

spot on.. my bikes in Eccose just now.. dyne broke down this morning, so I had to take Danny's SP home.. what a chore! Going back in the afternoon.. it made 155 BHP this time last year on the same dyno, should be interesting whats she's putting out after gutting the cat, BMC race air filters, gutting air intake and PAIR mod :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. MrB

MrB God Like

Wheels off ready for new rubber tomorrow.

10002978_4097400451325_430379970_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. el-nicko

Buggered my Hugger.

There's a reason they don't advise fitting a hugger to an ABS 'blade. Hit a dip on the B4364 Ludlow/Bridgenorth road and it left a nice little split in my 250 quid hugger:mad:

DSC05418.jpg

14. martinowen

martinowen Moderator
    Staff Member

If the hugger wasn't there could that of been your tyre though!?
    They don't sit much higher than the tyre do they?

15. mekanix

mekanix Active Member

Finished getting mine all built back after low side last year, mot today and she's ready to go. Weekend best be nice ;)

16. Kevin1

Kevin1 Elite Member

I fitted my Honda seat for babies and checked my tyre pressures as it was a bit naff on handling the other night. Front tyre 26psi oops

17. el-nicko

I don't think so Martin. The exhaust flap motor sits under a cover just above it and that takes up a lot of the free space that's there on the non-ABS bike. My suspension could probably do with stiffening up a bit as I suspect it's on the softish side but it suits my riding 'style' so I'm in no hurry to change it. The road this happend on climbs then suddenly drops into a very short dip then continues to climb. Even at the legal limit it's a bit of a switch-back ride. If I want to keep the hugger fitted I might cut a couple more 'windows' in it. I'm going to remove the suspension and jack the wheel up to see just where it needs clearance. At the moment all I can say is, if you have a hugger fitted on an ABS bike, stiffen up your rear suspension a tad.
    As you can see from this side-on view, just above where my tubular tax-holder (that blue thing in the pic) is; there's not a great deal of room with a hugger fitted. BTW, non of that luggage was on the bike when it happened.

Nick.

DSC05388.jpg

#3097 el-nicko, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Can I ask what size the adapters are on your Abba stand are as I've on in the garage on the ZXR never thought of using it on the Blade! Cheers Ray

19. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Gave the Blade a wash yesterday, back to here old glory today.

IMG_0765.jpg

Oh and I had happily forgotten how tedious it is cleaning bike chains. Mind she's well cleaned and re-lubbed now!

#3099 Jap_STi_3, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  20. Jap_STi_3

Jap_STi_3 Member

Can we get a photo of the bike with the Black Growler on please? Bet it sounds amazing!