What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. TheRamJam

TheRamJam Well-Known Member

My front brakes where dragging a little so I took the wheel off and gave the calipers and pistons a good old clean. While I was at it i've replaced the caliper bolts, mudguard screws, pinch bolts, tank cover screws with Ti replacements. I've also ordered Ti replacements for the front brake disc bolts, rear disc bolts, sprocket nuts, and suspension linkage bolts. Fitted the GiPro too :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Haggler ®™

Haggler ®™ Active Member

Rather large workshop you have there. Lol ,

3. pete954

pete954 Active Member

A few bits done over the winter, new DID gold chain and Renthal sprockets, removed pillion pegs, Hel Brake lines front and rear, some nice rearsets by Area 22, very pleased with them and only £120, Racefit black edition exhaust and infill panel, VERY LOUD, O2 sensor illiminator, running really smooth from idle all the way through rev range, 10w 30 Castrol racing oil and filter and just ordered set of Pirelli Rosso Corsas. Also got a black OEM front mudguard to break up the red a bit, I think it works. 20150307_164414.jpg

#5023 pete954, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ray

ray Well-Known Member

Where did you get the Area 22 rearsets from Pete, they look nice? o_O

5. pete954

pete954 Active Member

Hi Ray. They are well made, the rear brake light switch assembly was a bit naff but I got rid of it and fitted the inline pressure switch. I got them off Ebay from a business seller so Im sure you can still get them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. pete954

pete954 Active Member

If you search CBR1000rr rearsets in Ebay they are on the first page with loads of photos but the price is £130 now, still worth a look.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philhasasti

Philhasasti Active Member

Pete well done mate, lovley looking bike. :cool::D

8. Dannyb

Dannyb New Member

I picked my bike up from the dealers today. I have already started looking for stuff to buy for it.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

Checked the tyre pressures, started the engine and went for a ride :) Front brakes were shite after changing the hoses and fitting Brembo M4, really spongy and I had to put the Pazzo onto a wider setting to stop the lever hitting the bar. Wasn't happy with the sponginess after all the time I spent bleeding them but later I remembered that I hadn't bled the MC :oops:

Ride was good though, bike was great apart from the brakes, heated grips were a bonus that I had forgotten that I had fitted, new seat was comfy, I was crap but who cares as the sun was out and I was on the bike :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. TheRamJam

Yeah the front lift stand works a treat. Very stable indeed, so stable you can sit on the bike no problem.

Just make sure the stand is on a fairly level surface

11. Muffking

Muffking God Like

Get the M/C bled. That's what happened to me when I replaced my calliper seals, I forgot to bleed the M/C too.

12. Muffking

Muffking God Like

While the track bike is away having it's clutch sorted I set to with the wets. Thanks to Daz1 for letting his bolts go with the discs. I now have a full set of wets on wheels, even if I am using RR5 discs on an RR6 :)

[​IMG]

13. Lazywaster

Lazywaster New Member

Fitted a King Carbon rear hugger today.

image.jpg

It's a good fit. The only thing I had to do was grind off the locating lug on the brake hose bracket. The little L shape that fits into a small hole on the swing arm. The hugger just had a hole for the hex screw. After that I looked at the bracket and thought it was a bit tatty so rubbed it down, primed it and sprayed it mat black. Could do with some new hex screws really

image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. FirebladeRR

FirebladeRR Active Member

Fitted some gilles chain adjusters and the gilles lock nut. Then went to fit the titanium caliper bolts I got from Martin. They are about 5mm short compared to my oem. Is that normal?! I'm running m4s in the front if that makes any difference. Whilst I had the calipers off I gave them a good clean as well. I'm a it scared as I have a thing for titanium now........o_O:eek: Every other bolt looks crap now compared to these 3 hahahaha :D

15. sps170373

sps170373 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep once you get that titanium bug it doesn't stop

16. FirebladeRR

FirebladeRR Active Member

Not only that but I have managed to get my hands on a colinbr chain guard thanks to @paul. Absolute gentleman to deal with. Really really brightened up all the shit I just been through. Pics to follow when installed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. paul

paul Active Member

No worries bud

18. Kingfixer

Kingfixer New Member

Bought an Ohlins TTX GP shock for it !! :D

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheRamJam

+1 to that. After doing my caliper bolts, brake disc bolts , front fender fasteners, and tank cover screws. I need more now, totally addictive lol

I've just ordered pinch bolts for the top and bottom yoke's, clip ons and side stand mounting bolts.

20. Lazywaster

Lazywaster New Member

Steve - where do you get your titanium bolts?