What did you do to your bike today???

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Benn The Pig, Dec 8, 2011.

1. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't go to every one. Being 3 miles from door to door the oil doesn't even get up to temperature but they do occasionally get a really good turn out. Usually for the themed ones or launches. They even had a ladies only one a while back that was packed. They even had cup cakes and doilies for that one. Last night was dead though. I spent 15 minutes with Dan while he tried to order a handbook for my 954 and he could only find it in Japanese.

2. y2blade

y2blade Member

I've just had a Lovely blast home, via the long way....FireBlade now tucked away in the workshop at home and I'm drinking Guinness, with a plate of spicy wedges.

3. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Envious. My 6 mile round trip last night will be it for three weeks now. Busy weekend then off abroad Monday morning for a fortnight. Frankly, I'd rather be home riding the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alblade

Alblade God Like

Attempted to fit / swap over ECU and lockset, screwed it up at first allen bolt when I failed to realise it was upside down so therefore needed to turn it other way - bolt now rounded off, bike put back together and fed up.

5. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Must be a saturday thing! touched me new repsol with spanners for the first time to fix a scottoiler only to find out after 3 hours and all the plastics and seats off that you can't get to vacuum hoses from sides!
    I suppose its off with the tank on Monday now...promised nipper we would go for a ride tomorrow! lol

6. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Ordered my evotech tail tidy 4 days ago as i have already got my 7.5x6 number plate, after a few emails to find out why it has not arrived when they had promised?, the guy from evotech rang to tell me that it will be here today. Great stuff i thought as will be able to fit tonight. It came and guess what, they sent one for an aprilla Rsv :-( Damn it will have to wait now while it gets sorted. Oh well got my new rear to scrub in tomorrow.

Simon

#1026 SimonRR, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  7. lsc26

lsc26 New Member

Fitted Dunlop sportsmart tyres! Much better than old 2cts! I had bike right over within 5 minutes of them being fitted.

8. Muffking

Muffking God Like

What did i do to my bike today?
    Found its top speed, i think. 172, it brought tears to my eyes :-o

9. lcr

lcr Active Member

removed bmc air filters and re-fitted standard filters
    removed gpr damper and re-fitted standard damper
    removed 06 suspension linkage and re-fitted 04 linkage
    removed 2009 lcr replica fairings (a fair few cracks as they have become a little brittle over time) and re-fitted standard 04 hrc fairings (and R&G bungs.. as my original fairing had the holes for bungs)
    removed fabbi db dark tint screen and re-fitted standard screen
    removed black cnc brake and clutch levers and re-fitted standard levers
    re-fitted rear footrests and seat
    cleaned bike ready for sundays rideout

just the arrows slipon to swap over and remove some r&g bits and my bike will be completely standard :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. bladeian

bladeian Member

Bloody fixed it runs like silk turns out i had a T like hose spliter from the old scottoiler which was causing running problems so happy its FIXED! :D

11. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I've ordered a baffle for my Arrow can just to make sure I can meet the Db limits on track days.

• Like Like x 2
  12. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Went to Blade Honda Swindon for a oil and air filter for my cb1300 and my 2011 blade, Honda told me to go to the Triumph parts dept, who told me to go to the Yamaha desk.

I produced my owners cards and was then charged £88.58p fot the four items with washers.

They then went to ask about the oil filters and the person was told all Honda oil filters are the same.

The ones I have been sold are for the pre 2008 blade.

I was then told to come back on Tuesday for the air filters (I had already been told they had these in stock) I explained that is a round trip of 80 miles and would now be 160 miles to get my air filters so asked for my money back, I was told it was too late as they had already placed the order and would give me a discount of my next order.

I will go back and ask for my money as I have now been missold items.

So dont buy your Honda parts from a Yam dealer and Blade Honda get your act together.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrB

MrB God Like

ask them to post the parts out FOC

14. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

I still need to take back the oil filters and will the correct air filters arrive?

15. loganlexow

loganlexow Member

Technically it was last night but I've started stripping my rr4 for track purposes only. First of a kind for me. Nervous and excited.

Attached Files:

16. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Blade Honda Swindon also tried to sell me Yamaha products, oil, radiator coolant, etc to service my Honda bike, this may not make any odds as they told me its all the same but that is not the point, Rant.

17. Jase

Jase Elite Member

Had 153mph and was amazed how smooth it was ,only thing you
    Could hear was my screaming,Fitted rear tail tidy , battery optimiser , Waterproof I phone case and charger .

How fast can a cbr 1000rr 09 plate do as there seemed a lot more mph left?

18. RichC

RichC Active Member

Cleaned the bike after track day at Cadwell yesterday, bugs bugs bugs.

Racetecs nicely scrubbed! Must remove whats left of right hand side hero blob. Very stiff after a tough hot day but really enjoyed it! Back there soon.

19. y2blade

y2blade Member

What A lovely morning to ride the FireBlade to work...I don't usually commute on her but I'm making the most of ANY dry weather this year.

20. Dave L

Dave L New Member

Went to get my bike out for a blast only top find the rear tyre had picked up some glass and was flat as a fart. So back wheel off, down to my local bike shop, 112 quid later and a new Michelin Pilot Power 2 fitted. Best go and scrub it in!!!!!!!!