What Earphones?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lozzy, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Mad Matt

Mad Matt Absolutely Bonkers Mad...

Funnily enough i used ear plugs for the first time this week at Oulton Park, I've always liked hearing what the engine is doing, i never look at the rev counter or look to see what gear I'm in because i can hear it from the engine.

I felt really claustrophobic and could hardly hear a thing, i was only changing gear because of the drop in power from hitting the rev limiter, cookie told me that wearing ear plugs helps with faster times which i laughed at but i guess its the way forward for me as i can't stand my ears ringing for hours after a day on the track....

2. IcarusGreen

IcarusGreen Elite Member

I always wear ear plugs to cut out the noise but never listen to music when riding.
    I have worn headphones with music in the distance past and quickly realised how much of the surrounding environment is blanked out by them. I wear plugs that do allow some acoustics in so you're aware of the environment.

3. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Try some different tunes then mate, even you must be bored with Bros by now?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Barstewardsquad

Barstewardsquad God Like

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

I see sine as more of a bewitched type of bloke! bet he's on to disagree soon though lol

6. Lozzy

Lozzy God Like

Many thanks guys for all the suggestions, plenty for me to look at there.... I may even compile a special cbr1000rr forum playlist in anticipation :)......bros included :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Just to add my two pennies worth in as I notice most of these earphones although brilliant are a touch on the pricey side.
    So if your a bit pikey like me and need a good pair with a smaller price tag I have been using Sennheiser CX300 for ages and i reckon they are pretty bloody good and smaller external parts than the apple jobs so no ear discomfort inside the lid.
    Come with a few different ear sleeves for different size lug oles too.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...d=1442743374&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx300
    or these if you need an inline volume for them
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...d=1442743374&sr=8-8&keywords=sennheiser+cx300

• Thanks Thanks x 1