What fast road -trackday tyres ?

Discussion in 'Mods, Upgrades, Accessories and Products' started by Remal, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Metzler interact racetecs are the dogs bollox :) changed my blade and my concept of what tyres are capable of, amazing bit of kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

most of my riding is fast road / anual tour with about 2/3 track days a year and i was previously on the 2ct's which for an all round tyre i must say were brilliant.

currently got a set of new diablo rosso's which are prob better in dry than 2ct's but not as good in wet.

would like to try racetech's but worried they wont be as good on the road??

3. CastrolCraig

CastrolCraig Active Member

Jimbo, for road get yersen a set of racetec interacts, K3 rear k1 front, you could go for a K2 rear but it will wear slightly quicker, and if the majority of you mileage is Fast Road than they are better.

Contrary to rumours, they do warm up on the road, they DO grip in the rain (i did an entire, sodden monsoon wet day at mallory on 600rr shod with em), and they WILL change your understanding of grip.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Jamiestrada

I have K3's fitted and they are as good on the road as on the track they heat up very quickly and they are doing very well wear wise after 1000 miles.

I love em

5. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

sound good! my front is on the way out so the rear will catch up soon no doubt... looks like a new set in the spring! i'll give them a go.

how much a set??

6. CastrolCraig

Varies in price matey, For mail order tyres try

Tyres4Bikes

Holbeach Tyres

Both of them supply many many racers and race paddocks, Tyres4Bikes are TD support for Easytrack aswell, and they also do 'scrub' racetecs & supercorsas.

7. Jamiestrada

I bought my interacts from these guys

Metzeler, Crossan Motorcycles Ltd

Very quick delivery went with the 190/55 rear which also improves the rear end no end. I have tried lots of tyres and have three mates who race all of them love these tyres.

At cadwell it was raining a bit and I was so confident with them I just carried on without changing pace. They are not the cheapest but they are worth every penny, and are wearing a lot better than the BT016's and 014's I have used before

8. Jimbo Vills

Jimbo Vills God Like

I'd pay for grip anyday!! When it comes to the machine, money is no object! Lol
    But have to balance it with the riding I do, but sounds worth a try on road so I'll give it a whirl!!!

As for 55, always!! The 50 feels ten years old in comparison!

9. stylo

stylo Active Member

just checking ;) also seen it happen with guys in front of me.. have been hoping one of my mates would come into the the pits and say "your spreading tyre all over the surface like peanut butter spread on my sarmies!!!" Alas it hasnt happened.. yet..
    probably coz the buggers cant keep up long enough :D

as for tyres. I use Dunlop D211 GPs. wear decently enough and stick like sh!t to a blanket. Good enough for running at the sharp end of B group.
    NO ONE should be using a 50 profile tyre. Change out to the 55.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Givover

Givover God Like

May i suggest a Forum survey for all fast road riders /Odd track day dudes on there favorite tyre. I have reviewed the current thread however the imput is only perhaps only about 15% of folks on the 1000RR forum and as i am considering a new set of hoops soon i think this would be both interesting and useful to all . The survey would be on the lines of what the Mods put up from time to time but with a bit more time say 7 days and then maybe a forum discussion on completion and review of results .Please note this would only work if more people get involved .

• Like Like x 2
  11. JD

JD Active Member

Top idea mate.

JD

12. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Mike you on about a Poll? with a 7 day limit then talk about what,if and so on? if so you can Add a poll yourself? I think up to 10 to tick from. Was that what you would like mate?

13. Givover

Givover God Like

Are you still suffering from last nights nectar?

14. vino

vino New Member

I know I am. Mixed the grape & the grain... This morning we took Jr. V to the Kids AM showing at the cinema. I was sat there with a hot dog & bucket of Fanta at 9:45am. Worked though.

15. CastrolCraig

No need for a poll, you need a set of racetecs or supercorsas. Simples.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

that Simple? So they are epic in the wet? all round tyre? Or Rossi on your first TD? My Agree they are both great TD tyres But for many on here who are new to TD's its not that Simple

17. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Maybe but what would you like to see? a new thread? Poll?

18. CastrolCraig

Well, actually, yes it is. If your new to td's you want everything on your bike 100% and for tyres that means something tried, tested and developed with fast road & track use in mind. I've used them on all my bikes road and track, quite simply a mind bending amount of grip, guarantee most of us will run out of talent before they run out of grip. Take a look at any uk TD and you can be sure 90% of the bikes are on racetecs or supercorsas.

19. JonnyAnnett

JonnyAnnett Active Member

Theres some much to choosing the correct tyre. It's much more than just a black and round piece of rubber.

There are so many things to consider, but if it's for road/trackdays, something like the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa or Metzeler Racetecs would be a good base. Go for a harder compound or the likes of the BSB / SP versions of the Pirelli's as they'll be good for road and track. :D

20. Givover

Givover God Like

Matt i am not sure how to discribe it but on a couple of occasions you have put up a poll?/survey which had a sliding bar chart this would have all the info ie names of the various tyres of which people can then vote on there favorite tyre .If the tyre is no good then there would be fewer votes . After the winning tyre is displayed we then could ask for comments ie wear / pressures/price/ tread pattern ect just an idea but don't we all just love new rubber ?