What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Ive eaten a bowl of rice pudding..... :D First thing Ive eaten in 3 days.... Wahoooo !!!!!

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Either a strict diet or the trots your call Ash!

3. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Got the Flu..... and tomorrow i'm going to have a shower....... :D

4. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

And everyone downwind will rejoice.:D

• Like Like x 3
  5. Si.

Si. God Like

De-flied my leathers, gave them a good clean in anticipation for the warmer weather ahead... And gave it a good leather treatment with leather genie

Leather Genie

fitted my scala g4 to my new lid in anticipation for the warmer weather ahead and fitted a dark visor to the lid in anticipation.....

6. Givover

Givover God Like

I have just fitted snow guards to the gutters ........in anticipation,!

7. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Might get me some of that Mr N. We can rely on you to have 'product' for every occasion.

Back in the day, I remember watching the old Oil of Ulay advert where they got a dried up Maple leaf and rubbed the stuff in then scrunched it up. When they let it go it just opened up like a fresh one. Being in the leather restoration business at the time it got my attention so I bought some and used it on my gloves. Surprise, surprise it worked. It re-moisturised the leather, beefed up its thickness and density, waterproofed them, just like the adverts said. Still got the gloves, use them for gardening.

#347 kpone, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Barry_m2

Barry_m2 Active Member

Last night I put in a Sigma slipper clutch with HRC friction plates and new Honda metal plates. Just need a quick shake down now, make sure it works! :)

9. shanes

shanes Active Member

left my phone in the taxi and by the time i realised he was gone , got the wife to call it and send alerts and she was tracking it but the fucker kept driving .

when and picked up a new iphone 5 before we had the store she had logged into i cloud and restored all my contacts , bookmarks etc have to go to get my old number back tomorrow and im good to go but 1000 dollars poorer :-{{

10. Jamiestrada

Jamiestrada JamieMultiTraitor

Bugger sorry to hear that matey :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Not only have i had a shower today,Ive walked to the post office and Taxed my bike... knackered now i'm going to have to have a snooze...:rolleyes:

12. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm pleased to see you're both vertical and socially acceptable again Ash. I'll put the vapour rub away for another time.

You probably didn't realise it but I myself was ill not so long ago but I don't think I mentioned it to anybody at the time.

13. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Arhhhhh,did you suffer in silence Ken.... or did you take the man route and complain constantly.?????? lol

14. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

I maintained a quiet dignity and soldiered on in silence.

Untitled-1.jpg

15. jimmy

jimmy Member

Had a fall at work and cracked two ribs in my back... deep joy

16. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Hope you recover soon Jimmy, sounds painful.

17. jimmy

jimmy Member

Thanks mate, will be ok in a few days hopefully, my fault, took a chance on some scsffold and came unstuck... hay ho

18. Givover

Givover God Like

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
    Well today has been one of the best riding days for Months and i would have loved to have gone over to The Pondarosa to meet Barney ,but as you can see i had an early morning visit by this little fellar! We are have a new concrete slab and foundations installed today on my site and as you can't drive onto the site to pour the slab the concrete has to be elevated over the roof and back down to ground level using this 40 mt boom concrete pump. It cost about £350.000 and these are made in Germany. The total concrete pumped today was 120 m2 or twenty trucks full. So sorry Barney but our day will come soon.

• Like Like x 2
  19. eyore

eyore Member

We used to be in the Crane hire and Concrete pumping business, not any more thank goodness. Its a high risk business, pumping huge foundations and structures like bridges. If anything goes wrong in the middle pf a pour it give a whole new meaning to shit hitting fans :rolleyes: Some of the jobs we did involved two pumps working for 12/14 hours non stop with over 1200m3 :eek: They are seriously impressive machines that need a really good operator.

20. Chillipepper83

Chillipepper83 Active Member

Today..,I have mostly been celebrating my 30th by fitting K&Ns, PCV (thanks to Arthur), Map Switch, Rizoma rear indicators, proton flush mounts, and hel lines...

My HRC RR7 is starting to look the puppies! Lol

Bring on the spring my fellow blade'rz!

• Like Like x 1