What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Got up early , did my jobs , turned phone off and went on the bike with
    my wife , it was her first pillion ride on the blade today , she's so light don't
    even know she's there , 120 miles today , roads wet , fog , bit of rain ,
    but good ride out , I'm getting bit more used to the bike , riding ok ,
    Can't wait for the sun ....,

• Like Like x 5
  2. explorer

explorer Member

Bet you have got a dirty blade to be cleaned, hasn't stopped raining by me.

3. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Took a freezing cold 50 mile ride in the rain and fog, to Doble motorcycles to show them my dodgy ABS.
    They say that the system is very good and the only problems theyve had is with after market levers.
    So we walk over to my bike where the technician asks details, then explains that he will take it to workshop then take it for a test ride...
    ...3 minutes later he comes back into waiting area, stating 'that bike is too dangerous to ride', 'there is no way we can let you ride it away!'
    They want to speak to Their head technician (on Monday) and speak to Honda. Despite telling me they had no long term courtesy bikes they sorted me out a N700s to take home :)
    Im peed off with the failure but mega impressed with Dobles again.
    my new ride is below..it goes miles on bugger all fuel..im quite impressed!
    fr_43_size1024.jpg
    Right seeing as im back early im off to see 'Wreck it Ralph with the lil un!

4. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Hi mate , washed , cleaned , dried , back in shed blanket over her
    and believe it or not electric heater on just to take away the cold :D

5. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Mimicked my hero (Si) and indulged in a bit of tonsorial topiary on the Kilmarnock willow in the front garden. The recent storms had given it a distinct, six pint list so a weight losing thinning out was called for. Two wheely bins full and a prop stake later its gone from looking like cousin It to a nuclear explosion. It's got two chances so fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bardo 1962

bardo 1962 Member

Just did a 3 hour ride with Manhoc, abandoned due to sleet and snow. Just getting the feeling back in my hands. Pilot 3's must be the best tyres around!

7. lee711

lee711 Active Member

Fitted a corner shelf and installed my rear channel surround speakers.

8. SimonRR

SimonRR God Like

Got my sound system sorted on my RC plane, finished my RC helicopter pre flight service...oh and gave the blade a clean after testing out the new Harris levers and trying to bed my new pads in...roll on some warmer weather ;)

9. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

Spent since 9:30 sorting the garage ready to spray and track fairing. all finished but need to finish the clear coat after I have given the top coat time to dry and fully settle down first

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Swore at the rain for a couple of hours then gave in and did the ironing. Then, just as I finished, was vindicated in having built a bespoke squirrel feeder a couple of months ago only for the little sod to bugger off somewhere else ever since when I saw him out there lifting the lid and helping himself to the peanuts inside. Then spent an hour trying to get a decent picture of him doing acrobatics at it through the window in an effort not to scare him off. This afternoon, more swearing, this time at the telly when England decided a 6 point lead was sufficient to start baiting the ref even with 40 minutes left.

Oh well, there's the blood pressure promises I made myself gone for another day.

11. Givover

Givover God Like

Nipped in the garage just to get my fix The music 5cd changer has give up so just jacked the bike up and give it a good spray of silicone .I like music in the garage and just bid on a Denon full system and with 4 poxy seconds to go i was outbid at 93 notes so gutted .The bike looks good and ready to rumble.

12. SIDEWAYS

SIDEWAYS Senior Member

Well as it is spitting here in Kent I picked a mate up and went shooting clays this morning..I shot 90 ex 96 and got out just as the snow arrived.Second place I think scores will be on the website later on jjscsc.co.uk.Got back and cleaned the gun before the rugby.Whilst cleaning it with a bore snake I pulled the barrels up too quick and smashed my nose with it.1/2" gash across the bridge.Watched rugby whilst eating roast lamb.Now watching star trek:rolleyes: Think I'll go and clean my bike a bit more:D

13. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Went to tweeks , bought black paddock stand , r&g bob's , muck off 1 for price of 2 ,
    Oh and spoke with mcn, dobles ,

14. Si.

Si. God Like

And??

15. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

ditto......?

16. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Have a look Scotland tour

17. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

Well I wanted to go out in the garage but I have just changed my second phooey nappy of the evening. My 1 week old daughter is making sure that I don't get out in the garage or on here to often at the moment!! She is worth it though!
    Evelyn Newborn 045.jpg
    Anyway I haven't deserted you just not getting out to play much at the moment!

• Like Like x 6
  18. shanes

shanes Active Member

new suit for the daughter

[​IMG]

mx tires fitted on the Husky SM50
    [​IMG]

daddy and daughters bike ready for this weekend
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. phantom

phantom Active Member

unpacked my new acer laptop and spent most of the morning
    trying to convert windows 8 back to the windows vista look.
    why they got rid of the start button I will never know ??

20. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Be a bit careful of the bios configuration of windows 8 when installing your peripherals. I installed a printer the other day and the machine completely refused to boot afterwards. Eventually, a phone call to Dell and the techie on the other end remotely altered the bios to 'fix' the problem. Something along the lines of Microsoft doing an 'Apple' with regards to what you can and can't install on the new machines. Third party manufacturers are trying to workaround the restrictions and causing significant conflicts. I fell into a coma after a while of reading the hits on Google regarding the problem. It's two or three leagues above my ability and boredom threshold, I'm afraid, but worth a heads up.