What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. arthurbikemad

arthurbikemad A very helpful Gent

It will run around the same temps but no risk of boil over and 0psi, no cavitation or corrosion etc etc.. Temps should be more consistent.. overall a more stable cooling system.

2. Givover

Givover God Like

Well got up about 7am watched a bit of tv ,Clipped and groomed the dog (stop it now) took the brakes apart and sprayed some WD type of spray onto the pistons and put it together come in had a brew and some toast , got out some auto glym renovating polish and some resin polish as a truck had sent a plastic crate crashing into Elaine's car and lucky it polished out ok .Went over to Millenium with Elaine in the car to try on the pants I had ordered to go with the jacket ,had a chicken burger and chips and got home , climbed into the loft and brought down the soft cushions for the outside chairs took a a good hours chilli in the sun and then got the bike out to see if the new suit was ok so had a good half hour blasting about and then got home changed ,hoed the garden had a beer back in the chair and now talking the dog out for his walk and once home again tea and Moto GP practice ......Game over ;)

3. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Went out at 10am with lee and Eddie , met in oswestry went to ,
    Welshpool, Newtown and stopped off at Crossgates for something to eat ,
    Stopped for about hour and did the route back , lee's new bike is very very nice indeed ,
    And he rides it well and had to wait for me and my rucksack , ( who thought it was a good
    Idea to move whilst we where in the middle of a bend ) let's say she didn't do it on the way back ,
    Back home and I had a blast to Llangollen on my own for a coffee had a chat with a lad
    on a BMW s1000rr , I like them a lot , (watch this space ) :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. lee711

lee711 Active Member

oo oo you trading ???? come on tell .. come on !!

5. Garyb

Garyb Moderator.
    Staff Member

What have i done today?
    hard wired the connections for the optimate, took a live feed off it 'fused' for the power to the front of the Givi tank bag, all works fine, perhaps i could have made it more permanent? and for the perfectionists a little more pleasing to the eye?
    whilst i was in the garage, fitted the Kriega us30 to the rear end, no problems loaded up, well it seems stable enough? don't want to roll off anyhow, now im getting round to playing with the video camera at long last.

6. Doodles

Doodles Active Member

It was the long haired generals birthday today, so I had to entertain her for the day!!

After she opened her pressies in the morning and thought the day was done, I took her out for lunch when I gave her another pressie to open, which was a key in a box.

She then went out to the car park to find this.....

IMG_0310.jpg

She was then a bit teary but well chuffed :D

• Like Like x 2
  7. Barney1

Barney1 Guest

Hmmmm ?

8. ChrisOzzz

ChrisOzzz Active Member

I've been digging out concrete from 5 old fence posts.... Listening to bikes screaming up and down the bypass it's so not fair!
    I feel broken now day off tomorrow I think.

Ozz

9. lee1krr

lee1krr Active Member

Plastered a ceiling then spent the rest of the day a some mates workshop while they worked on their chaly's for the May Day run to Hastings next month.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Worked until 3-30, picked up an electric armchair for her indoors, struggled to get the damn thing through the doorways, had to move a cupboard, fridge/freezer, shoe rack and a shoe storage cupboard.

Had back ache from work and from lifting everything and trapped my little pinky between the chair and door frame.

Being made of tough stuff though, I felt that as the sun was shining and the roads were dry that it would be a sin to not take the bike out. So I went out for a quick hour :D and had a hell of a ride. Suddenly the back ache and pinky pain disappeared and all was right with the world.

• Like Like x 2
  11. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Today I did riding, gardening, car washing, car washing, (two cars) and concluded with some drinkinging.

12. phantom

phantom Active Member

Was at work then got home and done a bit of work
    On my dads bike that had developed a heavy throttle
    Since fitting helibars

13. callumw

callumw Active Member

Went to the Top Gear Track with Zeepony for a day at Learn2Wheelie.co.uk
    Had a laugh .... nearly killed myself .... learnt to wheelie .... mild sunburn.... out for a meal with the missus ... passed out on the sofa at home

Fun day :)

20130420_Learn2Wheelie_GOPR0012.MP4.Still002.jpg

14. phantom

phantom Active Member

went out for a bit of downhill mountain biking only to find
    the local council has just about cut the whole forest down
    so I tired to follow one route and spent more time climbing
    over logs than having fun so it spoilt the day, so I took
    the blade out for a short blast an ice cream.so now Im
    going to hammer a few beers in me before mototgp starts
    as I am off tomorrow because this was my weekend working.

15. AshBlade

AshBlade Riding Goddess

Been out in my new car...:D and its a fecking Volvo... :eek:

16. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Opened one eye first, then the one whilst wondering just how bad my hangover was going to be after last night’s awards dinner. Surprisingly.....not bad, not bad at all. We then spent the day freezing to death at Alton Towers. I don’t think it was really that cold, just a lack of blood in my alcohol to keep my vital organs warm. Even though the park was not that busy the wait for the rides were very slow, god knows what they are like in the summer.
    We then had a long drive home late afternoon and now about to get some logs in to light a fire and snuggle up in front of the telly.
    Early bed tonight on the cards.

17. Givover

Givover God Like

Not been to Alton Towers for about 23 years and I was very chuffed to get there early so had the pick of the car park and the rides only problem was when we came out all the was a sea of cars for miles and it took an Hour to spot the Car .ps Freedom it was cold this morning

18. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Washed all the crud and salt and chain lube off the bike, buffed up ok, checked the tyres, they were gagging for some air, then in moment of madness, come over all soft and for the 1st time since I was about 10, waxed a bike.......dunno why I did it, but I did.

19. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

We were staying at the hotel so the car was left in their parking area, there is a monorail from there to the main amusement park entrance. I was really impressed with the place other then we stood in a line for 50 minutes for a 30 second rollercoaster ride. We looked at buying a couple of 'fast passes' but at £90 a pop! I guess that’s why they call it an amusement park, £90 for an unlimited fast pass, that’s quite amusing, if fact it’s hilarious. I guess it would have been more fun if we had my kids with us but even for grown up it’s a nice enough day out even if It was bloody cold (thanks Giv, not just us then although we couldn’t understand why folk were in shorts and T shirts and didn’t seem bothered by it at all). We were involuntary shivering by the end of the day and had the heated seats on max for the whole 140 mile journey home and still felt proper chilled.

20. Doodles

Doodles Active Member

Mowed the lawn.

Cut the hedge

Fitted mini cam to bike

Went for a bimble on the bike and then gave it a quick wash ready to go out on it again tomorrow!