What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. phantom

phantom Active Member

Don't you just love people you go out of your way to help and they
    Seem a tad ungrateful.

2. Dave V

Dave V Elite Member

Sold the wife's 125, first person that looked at it, touch!

3. GappySmeg

GappySmeg Well-Known Member

First ride since fitting Techspec tank pads... my thoughts compared to the claims:

- "reduce pressure on arms under normal riding"... errrm, I certainly didnt really feel any different unless I concentrated on gripping them, which was uncomfortable for different reasons
    - "reduce pressure on arms under braking"... only if you have the upper leg and lower back muscles of champion weightlifter!
    - "improve stability under cornering"... oh yes! I found that once I started to crank over and the thigh of my outer leg was on the pad, I could use that as a firm & secure base with which to "fine tune" my position. Its massively improved my confidence in experimenting/changing body position mid-corner, which I can only see will lead to an improved cornering technique (eventually!).

All in all, thoroughly recommended.

• Like Like x 2
  4. callumw

callumw Active Member

Commuted into London today.

Easier now it's warmer/unsalted roads, daylight + the new exhaust, but still.... 40 minutes of mirror back filtering is pretty tiring after 10 hours at work :(

20130503_GOPRO_05.MP4.Still001.jpg

5. phantom

phantom Active Member

I feel your pain as I used to do the same.
    thankfully I now live beside my work so I leave
    the house three minutes before the start of my shift.

6. ColinBR

ColinBR God Like

Woke up this morning and asked the girlfriend what she wanted for her birthday on Sunday. Only to be taken aback when she said to tax "her bike" (The Blackbird).

So I got up, went to the postie, taxed the bike and then went out for an hour first to scrub in the new tyres I had fitted to it. Must say the Avon Storm Ultra 2's really suit this bike and already there is only 1/4 of an inch of chicken strip left on them.

Anyway once they were suitable scrubbed in I picked up the girlfriend who was already sitting at the front door waiting all excited. Took her for a ride towards the coast at Ayr, before turning back the same route.
    I forget how smooth the Blackbird is and I enjoyed just cruising for a change of pace.

Here's a pic to keep you pic slu*s happy
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Took my bike and went down to the ground to pick up my cup final ticket.
    Not going, but gave it to someone who has been to more games than me this season.
    Had some older woman asking if she could sit on it while her friend took a picture of her with the stadium in background. Ha ha ha.

[​IMG]

Came home and fitted the Pazzo race levers that a kind member of here sold me.
    Now sitting all chuffed with myself, and about to watch my second team playing live on tv.
    Not that I can really be bothered watching football.
    Maybe the is qualifying on Eurosport or something.

• Like Like x 1
  8. callumw

callumw Active Member

Fitted a new set of BT-016's
    Don't know how the old ones wore out so quickly? :confused:

(meanwhile ... 5 mins before the new ones went on)
    Burnout.Still001.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha ha brilliant.
    Thought that was you scrubbing them in at first.
    I have BT016's on mine as well.

10. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Met Tandbiskits, went to BMAD.

11. Freedom of choice

Freedom of choice Elite Member

Postie knocked the door this morning to deliver the box set of the final series of Spartacus 'War of the damned'. Result, we only ordered it on Thursday evening.
    Got a minor bollocking from the lovely L who has been badgering me for the last few weeks to make my mind up what you want for my birthday' When I said I couldn’t think of anything other than the obligatory birthday sexual favour see had a bit of a moan that my 50th present from last year is still banked because I couldn’t make my mind up and she wasn’t going to take no for an answer. So I said Ok, a new pair of boots. Look what I got treated to this afternoon. A pair of 2013 spec SMXPlus boots. But I can’t have them yet, as she wants to wrap them up for me to open as a surprise next Friday.

Fillet steak settling to room temperature, the wine has been opened to breath and a Spartacus fest this evening. It doesn’t get that much better than that.

Fenland-20130504-00148.jpg

Fenland-20130504-00150.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  12. Shutty

Shutty Well-Known Member

Went down to Craig's Honda in Shipley (near Bradford) for a first service on the Blade. I only called them Friday and they arranged to have a technician in waiting for when I came down.

They have only been open 4 weeks, but great showroom, and gave me a new repsol 600rr to try out and take over Baildon moor to pass the time.

They don't have a website up and running yet, but with Triumph, Ducati, BMW, Aprilia, Moto Guizzi, Suzuki and now Honda all in Shipley, it's becoming a popular place for bike dealers.

13. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

Ripped off my infernal scottoiler! makes too much mess over my once orange wheels!

and fitted my sat nav mount and eventually got the very bulky power supply fitted after battling with the tight nooks and crannies of the ABS blade.
    specially as Dobles stole the only space available to install my Datatoilet alarm.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Spent a miserable afternoon at Upton Park watching 2 shite teams attempting to play the beautiful game, why I am cursed still to have a season ticket, so many better things I could have done with 90 minutes of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  15. phantom

phantom Active Member

I tried all the settings on one and decided to just stick it in the bin and go back to castrol wax.

16. wedgiewolves#223

wedgiewolves#223 God Like

Little spruce up 2nd undertray fitted for a little tootle out tommrrow ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367697392.936207.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367697403.485926.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Could be worse mate, you could be made to watch the SPL.
    While the football is crap, I wouldn't abandon my team.
    And we even got £100 knocked off our season tickets for next year.

18. Kentblade

Kentblade God Like

Know what you mean bud, 40 years down there, I have seen it all except success, and my tickets gone up again for another season of Mr Allardyces grim brand of football.

19. thezipsteruk

thezipsteruk Elite Member

yeah i used to use that wax prior to the oiler, but since the guys on here were banging on about the motul c2 stuff i thought id get some...
    unfortunately couldn't track it down in my shops but did find Motul chain paste, its a bit more time consuming but your brush it on with the brush on head.
    Brilliant for not flicking and no overspray issue either.
    Thats why i junked the oiler at last!

20. hump333

hump333 Member

(Last Night) Rode to Parkgate for Fish & chips an Ice cream best in the north west :thumbup:[​IMG]

#740 hump333, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013