What have you done today ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Givover, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

What a crackin day up here. Clear blue sky and warm sunshine.
    Wish I had brought the bike to work.
    Alas the missus has nicked it to take to hers.
    Don't know why she doesn't just take her own.:rolleyes:

2. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Listening to bikes ripping up the dual carriageway near my house.
    Some sound great.

3. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Yesterday cleaned bikes etc.
    Then last night went to see Thunder, Whitesnamke and Journey.
    Rocktastic !!!

4. shanes

shanes Active Member

was out riding and took this we done a few upgrades here is the new table top , young aussie guy here riding for husky came out to test

BSD Table Top - YouTube

5. Si.

Si. God Like

Been to Liverpool 1 to shop for jolly day clothes for the missus, my kids and me, new iphone for the missus and case etc...I discovered that threads are limited for grey hair dudes so everyone is kitted out bar me, apart from some espadrilles and a fleece that I bought .. Went to Hollister to get the lad some gear....had a full blown panic attack in there...too dark, couldn't see fek all and moosic too loud. Fit birds mind, but ran out like a demented knobber shaking like a shitting dog....Christ.

The girl said " check us out on Facebook" as I ran out, and the alarm went off as I had 2 t shirts, a hoodie and a pair of girls tiny shorts for Emily... Had to go in, hand them to the missus with my card to pay, and ran out again... Hate panic attacks!

went to cafe Nero for a few double espresso macchiatos and this made the panic worse..... Bought some Lacoste boat shoes for £80 from office and taking them back tomorrow as I'm not paying that. Bought in panic.....

Got some klipsch x10i ear buds as i wanted some small earphones...fantastic sound and comfy as....

Got home, cleaned bike, and loaded luggage on and tested the new brackets megawatt made... Top stuff.

chilling with a merlot now.

6. Dark46

Dark46 Member

Pissed everyone off as usual

7. exfire

exfire Elite Member

First ride in two weeks due to weather and work. I got 250 metres before the first D'head pulled out in front of me from a side turning. He waited until I was about 5 metres from him. Good job I upgraded the brakes otherwise it would have been a mess.

Roads were dry but busy. Still getting used to the bike since the new wheels and brake system. Unfortunately, my chosen twisty route had just been resurfaced and there were masses of loose chippings, so I had to make a bit of a detour.

Made the old girl scream today, the bike of course ;) I just love the way the bike accelerates.

Although I understand what people mean when they say a 1000 cc bike is too much for the road it never feels that way to me. I don't care much about top speed, for me it is the acceleration that matters and I just don't get that buzz from smaller cc bikes. My bike is so nimble it feels like a 600 until you you give it some revs and let that free flowing engine do it's job.

I also like the fact I can not ride it for a while and then jump back on and it feels like you have been riding it all your life.

• Like Like x 1
  8. y2blade

y2blade Member

Went to Loomies on the blade this morning, it was bloody chilly though...winter glove at the end of May!!! still at least it is dry and sunny.

• Like Like x 1
  9. phantom

phantom Active Member

started editing a vid to upload and an 8 minute clip
    has came out as near 4GB size :eek:
    800 minutes to upload to youtube.....I must be doing something
    wrong or using the wrong software ?

10. callumw

callumw Active Member

What....:
    Software
    Export type (e.g. H.284)
    Resolution
    Bitrate

11. phantom

phantom Active Member

sony vegas 11
    wmv 1080 30fps
    progessive 8.4mbps
    and a pixel aspect ratio of 1.000

only thing is there is a bit of a time lapse in the vid
    so I think this might be very demanding on pixels.

12. callumw

callumw Active Member

Should be about 500Mb for 8min video at those settings.
    Time lapse will only make a difference to the render time, not the output as it's all 0's and 1's in the finished file.

Don't know why 4Gb though as those as similar settings I use, except I export H.284 + 8mb/s bitrate via Premiere Pro.

13. phantom

phantom Active Member

mine are usually around that size, thats why I thought it was the timelapse
    doing it.the sony doesnt have a H.284 setting in the render output in fact
    the output settings are quite poor and you have to create your own if you
    want proper HD vids.Took about an hour to process the vid but its just been
    sitting on my desktop the last two weeks so I bit the bullet and started the
    upload last night its 53% done :s

14. exfire

exfire Elite Member

Went for a blast on the bike today and had one of those 'tricky' rides. On the plus side, I saw the policeman with a speed gun. Unfortunately, I think he may have nicked some bikes behind me, those Brembo's are good.

Some roads had been re-surfaced and there were masses of loose chippings, so many that in the end I just had to avoid the centre of the lane completely, had several nasty slides and was lucky the front didn't wash out.

Overall I did enjoy it, but sad to see one of my favourite roads now getting some speed gun action, guess it has become a little too popular and the natives have got restless.

Then of course there were the usual drivers aiming at me as well as a couple of deer, after last years fiasco, seeing a deer makes me a little nervous.

15. kpone

kpone Moderator
    Staff Member

Gardened with fire!

Using a flame wand on the weeds. J knows exactly how to convince me into undesirable activities.

"How do you fancy your own flame thrower?"

No brainer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. honda.ima

honda.ima Active Member

Had a really good blast on the bike, after 5000 miles it just gets better, I wish I was up to it. Pushed the bike faster than I ever had before and getting stupid took one left hander at full lean it felt so good, flicking it over for the right had a little wobble as I moved my fat ass over and came home grinning.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Remal

Remal It's ME
    Staff Member

In Devon so been swimming, beach and lighting up a BBQ later

18. Ratser

Ratser Well-Known Member

Double winners :D
    Going out on the bike to fill it up for Tuesday as it is going to be very wet tomorrow.

19. r1monkey

r1monkey Active Member

probably got done for speeding , fckin camera vans. go catch some real crims

20. dessp2

dessp2 Well-Known Member

Just got back from a blast on my new 2012 red one, by heck this is an awesome bike!!

Question is I am now gagging for a few pints so do I smash it out and clean it now or do it tomorrow ? Normally I do it straight after but lager is calling me